long discussion about vibration between 40 & 50 mph

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

It takes some gymnastics! :shock:

And, best performed on someone else's car...

More seriously, I left out the cedilla. :roll: It's Hydraurinçage.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

great link addo but again Not in english your the only one who noticed ,my bad spelling lol, these things happen when you speed read oops.. ](*,)

regards Nigel
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

It's like Afrikaans, but slightly more melodic... :lol: Basically, it says to use Hydraurinçage every 60000km (say 45K miles) or 2-3 years, in the manner we all read about.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Several of us always use hydroflush when it's time for a LHM change, mostly because with the likely history of the car meaning it's never been run before, giving the system a regular clean isn't a bad idea.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

citroen always used to state clean tank,filters and replace the citro blood (LHM) every 60K miles, back in the CX/GS days

regards malcolm
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

If I remember the BoL it says replace LHM every 36K and use hydroflush at 72K

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

I know your not going to like this but when did you two get married?? :P
this is one of the things I like about this website people correcting each other, one day you'll read something come back 10 mins later and all the facts have changed... ](*,)

regards Nigel
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Nigel i was just stateing what the genuine citroen dealers service charts used to say back in the 80ies, this may not bear any relationship to what the BOL states the noooo, bearing in mind about the only thing related to citroens techy documentation in the BOL is usualy the picys, as they are normaly copys of the picys in the dealer manuals/bibles,

and i dont think the info Xac and myself was conflickting in any way, as it probably relates to diferant age's of citroen, however acurate or not the BOL might be

ps.
although Xac is a lovely guy he's not my type

regards malcolm
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

citronut wrote: ps.
although Xac is a lovely guy he's not my type

regards malcolm
Danielle is so pleased to hear that :D

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

good to see we all maintain a sense of humour though: \:D/

regards Nigel
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:good to see we all maintain a sense of humour though: \:D/
You should come and meet up with us all at some time Nigel. How are you fixed for the Midland Section rally at Stratford upon Avon or the CXM rally at Little Horwood?

You're sure to meet some of us at either event. I'll be at both...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
falling-out-with-my-car

could this be one of the Citroen rallys My Father keeps talking about.

I think he wanted to take his GSA to one of them but I dont think its going to be finished.

regards Nigel
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Interesting thread. My Xantia always had a wobble but it was just the wheels that were buckled in that case.

Putting flushing fluid through a Citroen can bring surprising results, here's what I found on my XM

And the LHM filter

And this was on a car that had been 'looked after'.

Steve.
not applicable
falling-out-with-my-car

Steve,

it just goes to show that it may not be the offside driveshaft.

it seems to be a problem that occurs with all xantias at some point in their life the stability of the car seems very sensative I could not find any ovious wear in the O/s driveshaft bearing or cv joints even though the shaft needed changing.

I think it would be useful to alot of people this thread and could be made a sticky to a certain point befre we started mucking about a bit.

the componants involved in creating engine stability are all outlined here.

as for your LHM filter it looks like the Hydraflush did its job then. ( Im not sure what the first picture depicts).

I dont think my X2 estate has ever had hydraflush in it, what does concern me is that it may find leaks that were not there in the beginning.

Ahh well will have to wait and see won't I.

regards Nigel.