Flaming browsers

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

MS orperating systems are like French cars: You never really understand all their quirks and displays of bizarre behaviour.

Mike, bite the bullet and throw your lot in with Opera. You'll not regret it 8)

I updated my XP yesterday and it downloaded and installed IE8. When I'm feeling really fit and brave, I might have a look at it our of curiosity...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

It's not a problem for me, just making an observation. I just use IE7 for FCF and Firefox for all else - until I can be bothered to reconfigure things again. :roll:

I did download and try Opera at your first suggestion Jim and am sorry to say, I didn't get on with it, personally. I won't go into details as it's just a personal dislike; but AFAICT it worked well.... just had some weird defaults that got in the way.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

While I am still dragging my heels at installing Firefox 3.5 on the laptop (Vista) I do have it, kind of, on the desktop (Ubuntu).

I downloaded it a while back the couldn't find it.

Uninstalled Firefox completely but could only find the 3.0 version to install, but did find "A Web Browser" 3.5 so installed that - which turned out to be Firefox 3.5 without a name :?:

An update the day before yesterday didn't appear to do anything but while pottering around looking for the bit torrent client I spotted another browser and started it.
It is called Shiretoko and is actually the Ubuntu version of Firefox 3.5. IR Confused.

Works OK though.