new hi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

nah your not, I've been very lucky with my xants only stuff i have replaced is a heater matrix and fluids and belts

it is nice I'm experimenting with lightweight wheels at the moment, some of which are ugly, but make it feel more precise but still comfortable, when i put the OEM wheels back on i'll take a pic.
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

a heater matrix and fluids and belts
Ahh, I take it that you’re fairly competent in the mechanics department then. I’ve heard heater matrix jobs are a right PITA.

To be honest I think the default excluisve alloys are fairly ugly, much prefer the Activa alloys.

Looking foward to the pics. :)
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

the heater matrix does take a while, took me a day and a half, the dash needs to come out and behind the engine is fidly

the exhaust is blowing, but i might put it up with a vid anyway, it is really loud, i went on a track day using these light weight wheels to see how the car would do, the front end was ok but i couldn't fit these wheels on the rear, it needs small rims or they clips when the rear turns, and excuse the junk in the car i've just been touring with some guests , just getting my excuses in :oops: i don't think i could ever maintain a car in concourse like condition

can we put vids up here or is there anywhere to put them up
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citrov6 wrote:can we put vids up here or is there anywhere to put them up
Best, until I get around to upgrading the forum to phpBB3, to post them to utubeand link themover to here.

I found, during my rebuild, that the most critical part of the exhaust sealing is the springy clamps on the heaers straight off the manifolds. They expand when hot and need to be tightened when at full operating temperature. Tighten them up cold and they'll blow when the engine is hot.

I've still to do my heater matrix :twisted: It went before I got the car, someone poured suspect sealer into the cooling system, that blocked the transmission cooler and then the gearbox died..

If it gets any colder, I'm soon going to need it too!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

CitroJim wrote:
citrov6 wrote:can we put vids up here or is there anywhere to put them up
Best, until I get around to upgrading the forum to phpBB3, to post them to utubeand link themover to here.

I found, during my rebuild, that the most critical part of the exhaust sealing is the springy clamps on the heaers straight off the manifolds. They expand when hot and need to be tightened when at full operating temperature. Tighten them up cold and they'll blow when the engine is hot.

I've still to do my heater matrix :twisted: It went before I got the car, someone poured suspect sealer into the cooling system, that blocked the transmission cooler and then the gearbox died..

If it gets any colder, I'm soon going to need it too!
Yuck that is bad luck

i did a few vids just now, and a pic and uploading them to photobucket, if it works if not then i'll youtube it

my exhaust is blowing where i put some ATV, it was the high temp stuff but it disintegrated, i've got some thermosteel for it now hopefully it will quiet down, but i have video of it for comedy value anyway. the downpipe to cat and back doesn't have much give in it so i have put a flexi in there which worked well till i ran over a bump on the track day. ugh will get it done this weekend i think

citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

this is joining the motorway, the speedo is about 10%, hope this link works

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f314/ ... torway.flv
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

citrov6 wrote:the only problem it has is when it was jump started it knocked the rev counter over to one side and blew a relay that stopped the cruise working.
The rev counter can usually be fixed by feeding a fine wire through the hole for the odometer reset, and manuever it to flick the needle back to the correct position.
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

xantia_v6 wrote:
citrov6 wrote:the only problem it has is when it was jump started it knocked the rev counter over to one side and blew a relay that stopped the cruise working.
The rev counter can usually be fixed by feeding a fine wire through the hole for the odometer reset, and manuever it to flick the needle back to the correct position.
thats much easier than taking the dash off i'll try that , thanks
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

these are the embarassing vids,

this is ignition running loud, the hole in the exhaust

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f314/ ... ningon.flv

this is revving it to its redline, i don't do that usually so its ok. the exhaust blow is just infront of the driver seats so thats why it is so loud. i aim to be rid of this problem by the weekend so the rally wont be disturbed :)

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f314/ ... itroen.flv
Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Post by Quackers »

citrov6 wrote:this is joining the motorway, the speedo is about 10%, hope this link works

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f314/ ... torway.flv
Makes me miss my V6 Xantia so much.... :oops:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Cor :P What a lovely sound 8)

Mine sounds very muted compated to that despite having a bit of a ratty backbox...

One thing I love about mine, that it is so quiet...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

yes, thats before the cat so it is really loud especially on the motorway at the mo, when the cat fell off i took of the middle box to see how it would do , when they did a static test at the track day it came out a 98.1db at 4500rpm i was shocked it could make that much difference, but most of the time i have it below 3000rpm so i hardly notice.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I quite like the idea of doing a track day in a car, done a few on bikes mind. I don't think I'd take the V6 though, I'd want a manual gearbox for a start, plus I can imagine getting about 5mpg and then blowing it up. Be fun in the AX though, flat out every where :D
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

there was an ax track car there, there were only 30 cars in total so didn't see much of them, yes the v6 pretty much got passed all the clio and some beemas on the corners, i put the transmission in snow mode and it let me change when i wanted, even then i could only use second and third, it doesn't give for a sporty ride drive really, i do wonder what it would be like with a 6 speed transmission

it was open pit lane, so i brought the car in every 2-4 laps to cool off the brakes and tyres, the engine temp hit 100 C max, i'm still using the same tyres and brakes, the oil looks clean as when i went in, and it only used half a tank of fuel, one of the audi's used 3 tanks but i bet it was 3 tanks more fun. i wish i had an activa for that track day it would of done well