c5 110 hid oil changing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

okay I got all my bits and am trying to chnge them.done air filter, pollen filter and want to do the diesel and oil filters. PROBLEM is I used Europarts website which told me that this part was the diesel filter I need. Looking at it now, it is completely different.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Citro ... d2db88720b

This only has 2 connections on top for pipes while the one in the car has 3 AND an electical connector. So is thi wrong piece. I am not at home just now so need you guy help.

The fqct thqt this is wrong makes me worry about the oil filter which is a Mann W716/1 part number (I think) 501 73 5040 . I dont want to stqrt qn oil chqnge only to find out this is wrong given I am abroad.

Any help appreciqted;

PS. Bloody French Keyboards
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Oil filters are the same across the diesel range (and, I think, for petrol as well) so no problems.

You have a choice with the fuel filter.

1) The element is the same so you could take that out and use it.
2) Buy just an element from Leclerc, Carrefour, Auchan, Feu Vert etc
3) Buy complete filter assembly from a Citroen dealer
4) Buy complete filter assembly from a motor factor. It's possible that Feu Vert might be able to get the complete assembly for you.

You will obviopusly want to return the wrong assewmbly when you get back home so if you opt for choice 1 that might be a bit difficult ;)
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​