Another update on my stalling problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

soccerboss

Another update on my stalling problem

Post by soccerboss »

Ive had a new Idle speed control valve put on yesterday and its still stalling on me . Paid for a diagnostic today and there was no faults showing at all! even when it stalled during the diagnostic !!!!!!

Starting to pull my hair out now!!

Any suggestions of what it could be when the ECU is showing NO FAULTS??
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Hi

Have you tried an injector cleaning? Try with a couple of doses of a good one and see it there is an improvement. If there is, you can either continue with more doses or you can try a professional cleaning.

Also see if the spark plugs are not too cold for your car. You can try hotter plugs.

Last check your spark plug wires, they might be a little damaged.

Hope this helps!
Oscar Lopez
'94 ZX 2.0 8v petrol (restoration to its former glory on its way after being neglected by stupid Ex)
soccerboss

Post by soccerboss »

if it helps with the 'possible problems' , it doesnt stall all the time( i.e at every junction) . just sometimes.
Also , i was told if you pull the wires/connector out of the idle control valve it should stall....... i tried this and it doesnt stall.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Hi

If you pull the wires out of the idle valve it WONT stall, because you have unplugged it it will stay idling how it was when unplugged.
If the replacement auxair valve was new and you have no reason to suspect it, i would try testing the air mass or inlet temperature sensors next depending on which ones you have, and the Map sensor, you should also bare in mind you could be looking for a wiring fault in the ignition or fueling curcuit.
I dont think it will be the H/T leads because usually just the one will fail first which will make it miss and run rough, but not cut out altogether.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
soccerboss

Post by soccerboss »

still stalling on me , now it's got to the point that will stall at every junction, and will only idle for a short time before stalling. The mech's at the local garage seem to be convinced that it must be the RPM sensor that's faulty again( but what are the chances of getting TWO faulty sensors in a row!!!!!!).
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

At the risk of repeating what may have already been covered, have you checked for air leaks? gaskets, breather pipes etc.
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
soccerboss

Post by soccerboss »

I was assuming the mech's at the garage would have checked the obvious things first, but maybe not.

All i can say is it's had a new idle speed valve and 2 new? RPM sensors.

The mech's have exprienced all the symptoms i.e struggling to start , stalling etc.

I will add , the big air tube that comes from the air filter had come away from the throttle body, dont know how long it had been off.