ESP/ASR C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

cachaciero wrote:
mooseshaver wrote:I've tried on gravel and the abs appears to be working, as in it brakes the wheels and then releases then brakes again.
Presumably there was no ASR warnings at the time you did the test?

Cachaciero
The error message still comes up after starting engine. Perhaps it was a one off and just needs reset?
Its very different from previous error message that would disapear after the seventh start, or after a battery disconnect. This one just stays there.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

£83.38 for Stealer to read the codes! Arrggh.
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
JamesQB
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.8 - I miss this car a lot.

Post by JamesQB »

That's a scary price. For the cost of 2 and a half code reads, you could buy yourself a Lexia 3 copy from China. Cheapest quote I got was equivalent to around £210 at current dollar-pound exchange rate, and that includes courier delivery and payment via paypal.
Honda Civic 2.2 CDTi 2006
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi 2007
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

mooseshaver wrote:£83.38 for Stealer to read the codes! Arrggh.
That's a ripoff there is no way more that £40.00 can be justified. Name and Shame.
I do think that if one or more of the fori started to run a list of the "bad guys" to be avoided it might help a little to clean up some of these scumbags.

On most / all? of the ECU's fault flags get written into non volatile memory, i.e removing power will not clear the error. However in many cases if the error is temporary then it will usually clear after three start and run sequences providing the fault does not re-occur.

With a temporary fault even though you have a message the system will still work correctly which is what you seem to have.

Cachaciero
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

I'm supposed to take the car back to the garage on a weekday so the fault code can be read.
This morning the fault has gone. No message, no lights.

On Saturday the track rod thingy was change, and the error was still there all the way home.

So I think my car is fixed.
Gone cars.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

mooseshaver wrote:I'm supposed to take the car back to the garage on a weekday so the fault code can be read.
This morning the fault has gone. No message, no lights.

On Saturday the track rod thingy was change, and the error was still there all the way home.

So I think my car is fixed.
That's about the right scenario for a "temporary fault" somewhere in the ECU the fault will be logged until next read and cleared with a Lexia or similar, just remember it so that in three years time when some stealer sucks air in through his teeth and says" oi lad an according to our machine youme got a brake fault as well which needs fixing" :-)

Now did the track rod fix the slight pulling to the left that you reported?

Cachaciero