Xantia CD Changer Blaupunkt CDC A05 Info Required

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

I checked the cable this morning, and the information on my piece of paper was wrong (pins 2A and 3A swapped). I have corrected the post above, and added the car wiring colours.
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Just a quick update on this particular problem

I have not done it yet :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

The Mate n Lock connectors arrived Saturday and my new 13 pin Din lead with a mini 8 pin iso plug arrived today so expect some silly questions coming shortly :) :)

Colin
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

On a related topic, im picking up a CDC-A05 with lead tomorrow 8)

Now I need to buy some CDs :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

red_dwarfers wrote:On a related topic, im picking up a CDC-A05 with lead tomorrow 8)
Jammy $$$$£££"""" :lol: :lol:

Joking aside Kev could you do me a favour when you get your lead and changer and try to isolate which pins from the 13 pin go to which wire :) :)

In return i promise to knuckle down and do my homework by removing the headunit and tracing the wires to the Citroen 9 pin plug :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

On a related topic as i believe you dont have the Citroen 9 pin plug under the seat if you have aquired the original Citroen changer to plug lead then as i have the original wiring..................... :lol: :lol:

Colin
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

admiral51 wrote:
Jammy $$$$£££"""" :lol: :lol:

Joking aside Kev could you do me a favour when you get your lead and changer and try to isolate which pins from the 13 pin go to which wire :) :)

In return i promise to knuckle down and do my homework by removing the headunit and tracing the wires to the Citroen 9 pin plug :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

On a related topic as i believe you dont have the Citroen 9 pin plug under the seat if you have aquired the original Citroen changer to plug lead then as i have the original wiring..................... :lol: :lol:

Colin
Sorry to get your hopes up Colin, I should have been a bit clearer but by 'with lead' I meant 13 pin to 13 pin :oops: not the proper Citroen lead :oops:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Just a quick update :) :)
Have tested the wiring/plug combinations to make sure everything adds up and so far it does with one exception

On your wiring description xantia_v6 i am pretty sure you have used 4A when it should be 4B (atleast im hoping thats the case :) )
All the Citroen wiring colours are correct going into the 9 way plug.
On the Blaupunkt lead i purchased This One the pins and wire combinations are as follows

Its an 8 pin plug with 7 pins used + 2 wires not connected to the plug.The Pin numbers are from the Din plug end of the lead
As per previous posts with the notch at the top these are the pin/colour combinations
Pin 2 + Case Green + Brown(not connected to plug)
Pin 3 Red with inline fuse (not connected to plug)
Pin 4 Blue
Pin 6 Orange
Pin 8 Red
Pin 10 Grey
Pin12 White
Pin 13 Pink

As stated earlier in this topic i mentioned about having to possably piggy back an extra wire fron pin 2 of the Din lead to enable both pins 3 and 7 of the Citroen plug to goto pin 2 on the Din lead.Having now checked the wiring on the Din lead both Green wire (connected to mini plug) and the Brown wire(not connected to mini plug) are run from both pin 2 and case on the Din lead :D :D

Before i start breaking plugs apart etc does this all seem to add up with everybody else :) :)

Kev let me know what info you need and ill see what i can dig out as i go along :D :D

Colin
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Well that was fun :) :)

Both leads now a matching plug on them and all wires testing proved to be good :D :D

Now the bad news :cry: :cry:
Plugged it together and the changer fires up will eject the cassette but will do bugger all else.The headunit doesnt appear to detect its there but this could be for a simple reason.
The Changer will not take a cd from the cartridge so me thinks the headunit is waiting for the changer to tell it there is a cd to play and then gives up as no posative info recieved and goes back to the radio :cry: :cry:

reckon ive been sold a dud player :twisted: :evil: :cry: :cry:

Any other ideas what else could be the reason for no cd playing

Colin
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Colin, what CD player are you using, the 03 or 05?

If you like next time I'm down at the out-law's I'll meet up with you to try my CD player unless you are up my way or at the national rally next month.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Richard
Its the 05 player that i have

Not going to make the rally 18th/19th July work has dried up and so have my finances :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the offer much appreciated :D :D

Am going to look at seeing how much it will cost to have it checked/repaired and then pass the costs to the seller 8) 8)

Colin
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

The head detects the changer even if there is no cartridge fitted, and I think gives an message like Cd-Err.

It is a pity I threw out my 2 faulty changers, as at least one of them would still play a CD, but with a lot of skipping.
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

xantia_v6 wrote:The head detects the changer even if there is no cartridge fitted, and I think gives an message like Cd-Err..
Im not even getting that its so frustrating,maybe ive done something wrong but just cant get my head round it :oops: :cry:

Colin
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Sorry its taken soooo long but here is an update :oops: :oops:

Have now aquired a fully working Changer and managed to get the original citroen lead and part of the wiring harness.
I have soldered the old harness into my harness and everything works wonderfully :D :D :D

I only have one worry and hopefully someone can put my fears to rest.
With the keys out of the ignition i still have power to the changer, ie i can eject the cartridge.
If i understand correctly (me and electrics :roll: :roll: ) there is a switched and permanant supply.
Can anyone confirm that i should/shouldnt be able to eject the cartridge without the keys in the ignition.

Cheers

Colin
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

admiral51 wrote:Sorry its taken soooo long but here is an update :oops: :oops:

Have now aquired a fully working Changer and managed to get the original Citroën lead and part of the wiring harness.
I have soldered the old harness into my harness and everything works wonderfully :D :D :D

I only have one worry and hopefully someone can put my fears to rest.
With the keys out of the ignition i still have power to the changer, ie i can eject the cartridge.
If i understand correctly (me and electrics :roll: :roll: ) there is a switched and permanant supply.
Can anyone confirm that i should/shouldnt be able to eject the cartridge without the keys in the ignition.

Cheers

Colin
I don't have a changer, which may change one day but my single CD player can be accessed at any time, keys in or not.

IIRC there is a fuse on the permanent live that you can pull if you want to plug it in without risking a spike on the canbus.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

admiral51 wrote:I only have one worry and hopefully someone can put my fears to rest.

Cheers

Colin
Well done for getting it going, that is normal, i.e. the CD can always be ejected without the ignition being turned on.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
admiral51
Donor 2023

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks for the info,i can reconnect the battery now :lol: :lol:

Colin