Xantia V6 exclusive.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citrov6 wrote: CitroJim I don't have the pdf's for filling on either of the types do you have a link up? thanks
I will post the one for the non-dipstick 'box as soon as I have access to my webserver. There is no PDF for the dipstick 'boxes. The procedure in my previous post is all there is to it :D

Interesting on the dash light. What sort of symbol does it have on it?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

its a yellow one, its easy to recognise when i see it , but from memory it is oil dripping onto pump sort of simply depicted, toward the bottom of the control panel.

i'm doing an oil change next month on the red one i'll take a pic of it

ok thanks
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Jim, as you probably know by now, the "you're as old as you feel" mantra is true. I'm only shocked at the speed with which I've got here! I'm now convinced that (to paraphrase the fat and thin thing) inside every 76 year old is a 26 year old screaming "Where's my life gone?" :(

To get back to more serious issues, does your Lexia read autobox fault codes?

Derek
1999 XM V6 Exclusive, Black
1994 XM 2.0 TurboCT estate, green of course: now gone to no3 son
2004 C3 1.6 auto exclusive with Sensodrive - the wife's but she doesn't like it
1994 ZX 1.8i auto - the wife's new baby

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Precisely Derek :D I'm 50 now and I know what you mean about a younger person inside screaming to get out. My rather staid boss once told me the the trouble with me was that I'm a teenager trapped in an adult's body!!!
FrenchLeave wrote: To get back to more serious issues, does your Lexia read autobox fault codes?
Yes, indeed it does :D A session is on offer any time. Eiter come and see me if you're not too distant or catch me at shows; I always have my Lexia in the boot...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Thank you for the kind offer Jim, your reply that it reads the autobox was the final incentive for me to buy a Chinese clone. Cost me £190 including postage and insurance and it left HK today.

I still hope to meet up with you sometime.

Derek

mantis_v6_exclusive
My Cars:

Post by mantis_v6_exclusive »

Hi all,

Thanks for the ideas, I will try to get my head under the bonnet and try the bridging idea to see if i can get the cruise working - it's not really that important to me as i don't really take the V6 that far, that's why i have the trusty diesel. The more pressing thing to fix is the fan blower, and i think its the motor itself rather than the ignition switch as everything else int he car works (including the rear heated screen).

For those who asked about her, she is a black v6 on an "s reg" with black leather interior. Generally pretty good condition and I even got the the hoover out and the wax on her over the weekend and she is all shiny for a while :-).

Out of interest what sort of MPG figures do you v6'ers get from yours??? I have never got more than 20 around town, but did get 34 on a run down to London and back from the midlands - does that sound about right??? The diesel is returning an average of 48mpg (pump diesel - bit wary for the whole veg oil debate) but it more than makes up for the lower mpg on the v6.
Jason

Fun - '98 Black V6 Exclusive Auto (Black leather)
Eco -'97 Green 1.9 TD VSX (Black Leather)
Died - ' 97 Green 2.0 VSX Auto (Black Leather)
Sold - '94 Blue 1.9D SX
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I would have enjoyed a working cruise control in mine this evening. I took a spin up the M1 and back to Leicester.

On a run, I'd say yours is about right. My best was 36mpg driving fairly gently on a 300 mile run on A roads. I reckon 20 around town is a tad low but as yet, I've not checked mine. All I know is it seems less thirsty than my Activa.

There seems to be a knack of driving carefully around town to keep the 'box in the highest gear possible at all times. On the map mine seems to favour I can get the 'box to engage top gear at under 30mph when pootling around :D

Mine is now taking the role of long distance cruiser and it'll be doing few short runs. Like you I have a diesel for that and the fuel consumption is almost irrespective of journey length and type.

The V6 excels in the role of long-distance fast cruiser; it's like driving a drawing room on wheels :lol: One passenger who often accompanies me on such runs invariably spends most of it asleep!
Jim

Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

I reckon 20 to be a bit low, the V6 is my main car, I do 45~50 miles commuting each day, which is a bit of A roads but mostly cross town stop-start, I consistently get 26~28mpg, have never done a long run, so don't have a figure for you.
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Ref the cruise control failure, I thought I should elaborate on my advice concerning bridging pins 9 and 10 on the cruise control computer.

This post appeared on the (now sadly defunct) club XM forum in 2006/7. I would imagine the system on the Xantia is exactly the same as the XM .

The originator's pen name is Robertmnorton and all kudos should go to him:

Quote "Hi, I run 2 xm 2.1td's auto's, a 94 exclusive and a 2000 vsx both mk2 and both have exhibited inttermittant failure of cruise and not surprisingly the same fault. The cruisecontrol computer is mounted with all the other ecu's in the box on the inner r/h wheel arch. it's approx 6"x4"x2" with a single 15 pin black connector.

You will need a multimeter - nothing expensive - but one with a digital display is easier to read and gives greater confidence in readings. With ignition off gain access to and remove connector from ecu.

STEP 1. turn ignition on, gearbox in neutral and set cruise contol switch to on, with meter set volts dc check for 12 volts on PIN 10 if ok swich supply ok.

2. Same conditions check for 12 volts at PIN 9. If OK, gearbox reverse relay ok; if not trouble shoot reverse relay circuit and brake pedal switch ( OR USING DOMESTIC 15 AMP FUSE WIRE ISERT A SMALL LENGTH BETWEEN PIN9&10 ON CONNECTOR, RECONNECT AND TEST DRIVE)

3. Check for 12 volts dc at pin 5 when brake pedal is depressed, if not troubleshoot brake switch circuit

4. Ignition off, meter set to resistance (OHMS), check coloumn swich. asing pin 3 as common, check resistance when stalk is moved to increase /decease at pin 6. Check disengage function between pin 2 and pin 10, any anommalies here and remove stalk switch, it can be opened up and contacts realigned.

5. Using local earth as commom, check resistance from pins 1,6,7,8. Any anommalies here are vacuum pump/solenoid/ earth related" Unquote.

Once you have checked the obvious, the vacuum pipe and the supply fuse, this is the way to go.

I can if necessary supply system diagrams but they shouldn't be needed.

All praise to Robert M Norton.

Derek

citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

thats a great write up by Robert, thanks for posting it Derek, i need to tackle both mine with that as an aid

v6 mpg, commuting 60 miles with 20mins in traffic i would get 260 miles to 50 litres. love commuting in them though like Jim says its a room on wheels.

on the motorway i did heathrow from burton and it still has 1/4+ tank left.

i always roll it off in second in traffic now and that saves quite a bit.

probably the best thing that could be done for fuel efficiency was what Sid said in the other thread about putting in new injectors, but i bet that is £200-300 that i would rather spend on 6 tanks
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!