Lumpy C5 - now resolved.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

ahem

Post by boristhespie »

Eh okay. Took back to Bosch jobbo and the faults were back. Same ones. They have been cleared and the light hasn't returned. Now the response from the garage.

They tell me it is an intermittent fault with air intake. They tell me that to search for the fault just now would be inconclusive and that it needs to be worse to identify it properly and thus avoid high cost.

The car has a pool of oil in the right hand recess of the engine black next to the last injector. However it isn't coming from the injector. I note there is a mist of oil on the air intake pipe.

I was told that it could be a gasguet.

I was also told that Citroens with high mielage can be leaky but that it isn't to be worried over yet.

Not sure how to take this??
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: ahem

Post by myglaren »

boristhespie wrote:Eh okay. Took back to Bosch jobbo and the faults were back. Same ones. They have been cleared and the light hasn't returned. Now the response from the garage.

They tell me it is an intermittent fault with air intake. They tell me that to search for the fault just now would be inconclusive and that it needs to be worse to identify it properly and thus avoid high cost.
At least that is something like common sense instead of just randomly replacing bits on the off-chance they get the right one - unfortunately all too common a practice, it would seem.

The car has a pool of oil in the right hand recess of the engine black next to the last injector. However it isn't coming from the injector. I note there is a mist of oil on the air intake pipe.
I can't imagine how it would originate from the intake but as this runs parallel to the turbo-intercooler pipe, I'd suspect a leak from there, which could possibly give rise to a few fault codes popping up.

I was told that it could be a gasguet.
Doesn't take much imagination to say that it could well be. A bit more specific would be helpful.
Perhaps just the rocker box gasket, hopefully.
I was also told that Citroens with high mielage can be leaky but that it isn't to be worried over yet.

Not sure how to take this??
It really doesn't advance things much does it, other than perhaps ruling out dud injectors.
The statement that Citroens with high mileage can be leaky is a complete throwaway statement. They are hardly any worse than any other motor vehicle and certainly better than some.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Will say that despite having look at computer twice, taking car for run twice, even steam cleaning engine to llok for leak, the garage charged me ZERO pence. Not bad.

Will be having a closer look.

Car does take a little while before the power kicks in in the morning. They said maybe cold start but given the previous problem where going up steady, but non steep hill would see me drop from 70/80 to 45 and be overtaken by lorries I know there is more to it than this.

They did mention that me turbo is making some noice but in line with that mileage of car.

So there you have it.