Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Chris570
Donor 2020

Re: Citroenmads Citroën blog.

Post by Chris570 »

I've a feeling its an Activa sold after mine as mine didn't feature a picture like that.

I think the issue that Robert has is he hasn't been in a proper Activa just a standard one.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote: I think the issue that Robert has is he hasn't been in a proper Activa just a standard one.
Aye, that's agreed... Yours, Chris's or Dean's would soon have him singing a different tune...
robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

CitroJim wrote:
Chris570 wrote:is it mine?
I wonder how he'd feel if we started taking the p out of XMs and CXs... :twisted:
No different, sure that all happens already! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We all like different things, and thats no bad thing either, how boring would it be if we were all sheep.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

robert_e_smart wrote: We all like different things, and thats no bad thing either, how boring would it be if we were all sheep.
Absolutely..

The the French themselves might say Vive la différence :-D
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Chris570 wrote:I've a feeling its an Activa sold after mine as mine didn't feature a picture like that.

I think the issue that Robert has is he hasn't been in a proper Activa just a standard one.
Roberts never owned an Activa with roll control, they were all firm riding exclusives, i know, ive got his old arc guide blocks and quadrant plate, the only way that car ever corrected its lean is when it was scuffing the door handles on the tarmac :lol:

D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:
Chris570 wrote:I've a feeling its an Activa sold after mine as mine didn't feature a picture like that.

Roberts never owned an Activa with roll control, they were all firm riding exclusives, i know, ive got his old arc guide blocks and quadrant plate, the only way that car ever corrected its lean is when it was scuffing the door handles on the tarmac :lol:

D
:rofl:
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Sorry for hijacking your blog chris but i had forgot about these photo's of when i went over my Activa arc system, this is what happens to the control arms for the arc when they get too old, ignore the guide blocks thats one of mine ive rebuilt but look what happens to the rods after a while.
CIMG3646 by Deanxm, on Flickr

D
robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

I'm trying to remember which Activa I sent you the roll corrector from... It was either first or the last, as the middle one had new roll corrector link rods, and they went to Portugal.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

twas the first Robert, just goes to show how much wear they take, mine have been built up with weld, packed with grease and fitted with a dust cover after seeing these, but i guess they take a lot of kiggling about over the years.

D
robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

Thats the Activa that never drove at all.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

can you remember how many miles she had done?

D
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Those control arms are slightly worn :shock: Thankfully mine are in great condition, I think they were replaced not that long ago actually.
Last edited by Citroenmad on 24 Apr 2012, 23:56, edited 3 times in total.
robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

165K on her Dean. Was a 96 car I think. It has been sitting idle for at least 5 years.
lexi
Donor 2020

Post by lexi »

Hey! Where has the Avatar gone? That was funny! :lol:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

lexi wrote:Hey! Where has the Avatar gone? That was funny! :lol:
It was! bring it back Robert!

I hope you didn't take my comment about bans and being black-balled from the CCC seriously Robert :wink: