Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

CitroJim wrote:Two very revolutionary cars together there Chris :D :D The 6H represents the very first car to be fitted with Hydropneumatic suspension and the Activa the final evolution of basically exactly the same system...
Sorry Chris, you'd already said that! Here am I accusing Franklin of not reading my column and hwere am I, guilty of not reading this thread properly :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

CitroJim wrote:Sorry Chris, you'd already said that! Here am I accusing Franklin of not reading my column and hwere am I, guilty of not reading this thread properly :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
5/10 - must try harder! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Citroening wrote: ...I thought I had read mention of it somewhere before - it didn't twig!
5/10 - must try harder! :wink:
Well, it was only a small sentence in an otherwise quite long article so you're forgiven Franklin..

What car are you going up to Stamford in tomorrow? I'm going in the Activa.... Looking forward to it...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Citroening wrote: 5/10 - must try harder! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Absolutely Right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

CitroJim wrote:What car are you going up to Stamford in tomorrow? I'm going in the Activa.... Looking forward to it...
...we're going in dad's Xantia 3.0 V6.
I spent most of this afternoon, among other things, getting it ready for tomorrow - it's looking well.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent :D It is looking very smart!
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

CitroJim wrote:
CitroJim wrote:Two very revolutionary cars together there Chris :D :D The 6H represents the very first car to be fitted with Hydropneumatic suspension and the Activa the final evolution of basically exactly the same system...
Sorry Chris, you'd already said that! Here am I accusing Franklin of not reading my column and hwere am I, guilty of not reading this thread properly :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

I did, though I think you have phrased it much better!

Enjoy tomorrow :)

Working on Sundays should be banned! Especially when the sun is out and its Drive it day :lol:
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Im off to Scotland for a week tomorrow, so things might be a little quieter on here for the week :lol:

Im taking our 52reg C5 2.0HDi 110 as it is the only car with a towbar to take the Thule bike rake. I really wish the Activa had a towbar, as id like to take that, never mind.

This week ive given the C5 SX a full service and replaced the intercooler, as that was found to be the cause of the original leak it had. The air con is regassed and holding its pressure, so thats nice and chilly too. SO its all ready to go now:

I still need to get my sisters 'mishaps' to the bumpers repaired, they look so unsightly. I don't like driving it scuffed, it makes me look like I can't park :lol:

We are also taking our C5 estate too, as we always go in two cars and the estate is more handy for the dogs to go in.

See you in a week :P
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Have a lovely time Chris...

Blaming your sister for the bumper scuffs.. That's despicable!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Thanks Jim :) A bit of walking, mountain biking and relaxing, should be good.

Ah, well my sis claims she has no idea where the one on the OSF came from, she blames my dad :lol: The bigger one on the NSF was the result of her trying to drive around the wall of our drive, unsuccessfully :lol:

Thankfully, im yet to mark a bumper :)
lexi
Donor 2020

Post by lexi »

You wont need the aircon up here Chris :lol:
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

lexi wrote:You wont need the aircon up here Chris :lol:
:lol:

I did actually!

It ranged from 15-25 degrees C for most of the week, glorious. 8-) Didn't have one spot of rain either :lol:

So its been a great week, lots of mountain biking, walking and sight seeing was done. Excellent weather, usualy nice house and in a very good area. Though in some ways its nice to be home.

Both C5s went very well, a pleasure to go anywhere in. The C5 SX seems back to normal now, with its new intercooler. Despite it having 3 bikes on its towball, lots of luggage and me at the wheel all week it did 47MPG, quite impressive.

I did miss my Activa though! Some very good roads it would have loved up there. :roll: Still, im looking forward to waking it up today and pottering around in it.
red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

Welcome back to England :lol:

Couldn't have picked a better week!
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Yes, the perfect week 8-) I would say its good to be back but I'd rather live up there!

Ive now got the Activas tyres sorted out, ive just had a pair of Michelin Energys fitted to the front, 205/60/15V. So that should keep it happy for a while, matching tyres across both axles now.

I went with the Michelins as im very happy with them on our other cars and its the brand I like to stick to with Citroens. Im not sure how suited they will be on the Activa, ill see how they go. Ive not driven it far with them on as yet, so ill report back with my findings in a few weeks.

My C5s original front Michelins Pilots are just about on the markers now, after almost 17K miles. So ill be sticking on another pair of Michelin Primacy HPs before too long.

Just because I like pictures, here are a couple of mine and my dads C5IIs from yesterday:

In other news, im almost finished my Uni course, just 3 assignments to hand in an a 3 hour exam tomorrow. I can't wait to be finished!

Which should give me more time to do Activa jobs. Ive been using it regularily, enjoying it more all of the time. Im looking forward to taking it out for the day for a good run, as ive just been commuting in it or general errands at the moment.

This Saturday I hope to get the spheres off and pressure test them, then regass them if they need it, or see if we have any better ones in stock as I like to stick on genuine Citroen ones. It has Westroen ones fitted at the moment, ive not always been convinced by their reconditioned spheres.
Last edited by Citroenmad on 05 May 2011, 07:03, edited 1 time in total.
XantiaMan

Post by XantiaMan »

Glad to hear the Activa is still treating you well.