Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by DHallworth »

I sat next to one of those in traffic a few weeks ago. It looked a nicely appointed car and looked really funky for a modern car.

Be interested to see what you're long terms thoughts are :-)

David.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

DHallworth wrote:It looked a nicely appointed car and looked really funky for a modern car.
Absolutely... It looks different, interesting, attractive and individual. Such a refreshing change from all the same-o-matics that run around these days that look like the automotive Stepford Wives...

What colour Chris? They look great in Poseidon Blue :wink:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

bxzx16v wrote:A very useful car the C3 Picasso , we were looking at one for the father in law a couple of months ago but a Renault modus came along at an unrepeatable price so he went for that , similar sort of thing really , I must admit it really impressed on the test drive with it's eagerness . I look forward to some pics Chris when it arrives .

Mark
We considered a Modus a few years ago and had one for a few weeks while our ScenicII was playing up. My parents wouldn't have another Renault after the bother with the pair of Scenics and the Megane, so that was out.

I'll be sure to add some pictures of the C3 Picasso :)
DHallworth wrote:I sat next to one of those in traffic a few weeks ago. It looked a nicely appointed car and looked really funky for a modern car.

Be interested to see what you're long terms thoughts are :-)

David.
They are quite funky which is what drew us to them. I'll post my thoughts after I've given it a bit of use. :)
CitroJim wrote:
DHallworth wrote:It looked a nicely appointed car and looked really funky for a modern car.
Absolutely... It looks different, interesting, attractive and individual. Such a refreshing change from all the same-o-matics that run around these days that look like the automotive Stepford Wives...

What colour Chris? They look great in Poseidon Blue :wink:
There are far too many dull cars around now. At least Citroen still make some individual looking cars 8-)

Its Cherry red, just like the one pictured above. The dealer did have a few colours but we all decided this was the best, the other option would have been black and as its usually me who cleans the cars, I decided against that :lol:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

My 75 had always been a good starter, even in the cold weather and when sat for a good few days. However one morning last week I got in and only got a click as I turned the key. I didn't believe it would be the battery at first as it had seemed strong previously. I tried a jump start from the 2cvs battery and it went straight away. I put it on charge and then used it that day without problem, however the next day it was dead again. I checked for a drain but found nothing unusual and so I decided to put the battery off the 2cv on the 75 and try that for a few days. Its been fine and the old battery is totally knackered.

I have braved the blizzards this morning and been out to get the Rover a new battery, which should see it right again.

I have now got the Rover advertised for sale, I'm not sure how well it will sell but its certainly in good condition and drives very well.

Here are some final pictures of it, all cleaned up:

I've got it on a classified advert for now, if that doesn't have any bites over the next week or two then I will put it on ebay bidding. However, there is a meet for British cars at Longbridge next month, which I'm tempted to take it to before it goes.

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

That looks very nice, and would have been on my list of cars to go for when looking for something bigger. 1'st choice was what I've got, second would have been C5, third Rover, fourth volvo S70. Thr British racing green really suits rover, I had a 216GTI in BRG wayback in 1993, when I was not long married the 1st time, and had 2 kids. Only sold it cos kid 3 came on the go and could not fit them all in the back, it was the 3 door. Lovely car, I thought about keeping it and not the wife!

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

You have a very good list there! I'd thinking about a C4, and the V70 is a great car which does appeal but they demand very strong prices, even for very high mileage examples of the D5.

I'll miss the Rover, it is surprisingly well built, drives well, rides nicely and I really like the shape and the Britishness. But, its another car off my list! :lol:

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Can you send me a link to the ad Chris please?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Northern_Mike wrote:Can you send me a link to the ad Chris please?

Here you go Mike, this is it, the price is very negotiable!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:Can you send me a link to the ad Chris please?

Here you go Mike, this is it, the price is very negotiable!
Does that include pipe and slippers Chris?

And what about a free jar of Horlicks?

Perhaps if Mike doesn't have it you can try advertising it in the local old peoples homes and that magazine specially for them. 'Yours' I think it's called...

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Actually, I have just sent that link to my youngest daughter who may well be interested, she likes the 75, having had a Connoisseur diesel.
She works at an undertakers so it is rather fitting.

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I am also interested, as per the PM, should the Japanese stinky rocket sell in the next few days.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Northern_Mike wrote:I am also interested, as per the PM, should the Japanese stinky rocket sell in the next few days.
I must say Mike, it really is quite a substantial change - going from a Scoobie to a 75 :lol: Can't readily think of two more radically different cars off-hand..

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:I am also interested, as per the PM, should the Japanese stinky rocket sell in the next few days.
I must say Mike, it really is quite a substantial change - going from a Scoobie to a 75 :lol: Can't readily think of two more radically different cars off-hand..
I once went from a Honda Melody to a CBR600, that was quite radical, and from a 2CV to a Saab 900 Turbo 16V.

I'm quickly losing interest in cars Jim, I just want something nice and smooth, and I'm not sure I can be bothered with hydropneumatics any more. I'm also wary who I buy cars off.

75=smooth, Chris = sound. What could go wrong? Oh, apart from a headgasket..

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Well this is unexpected :lol:

If anyone would like any more info on the 75 then please let me know :)
CitroJim wrote:
That might be just what is needed, you can't knock a total change!

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroenmad wrote:Well this is unexpected :lol:

If anyone would like any more info on the 75 then please let me know :)
CitroJim wrote:
That might be just what is needed, you can't knock a total change!
I think Chris is right. I even looked at a Volvo.