Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by Citroenmad »

I've done a few more tidy up jobs with the Activa this evening. Mainly putting on its new pressed metal number plates, which have made a nice difference. The old ones were pealing quite badly.

Image
Image

Other than that its just been generaly cleaning. Ive been dressing the black trim for a few days so that it soaks into the rubber/plastic. Next up is a clean, machine polish and a wax, followed by fitting its wheels back on.

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by Citroenmad »

I was out in the Activa earlier and couldn't resist a few pictures. It still needs a good clean and machine polish, its actually filthy but being silver it doesn't show up too much. I've just put its wheels back on today, all cleaned up and waxed. The stailness door trims have made a very nice difference.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Annoyingly the rear numberplate is offcentre due to there being an out of place number plate screw hole.
Image
I think need to set the front height a little lower.

I might well machine polish it tomorrow, I'll see how that goes!

I had an excellent drive with the Activa, as always! :-D

bxzx16v
Posts: 1698
Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
x 16

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by bxzx16v »

Stunning pics Chris , the activa is looking very nice 8-)

Mark

User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2512
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 21:19
x 8

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by Citroening »

Looking very nice Chris - what's all this in aid of then...?! :wink:

Max Power feature? :twisted: :wink:

User avatar
DHallworth
Donor 2016
Posts: 2288
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 18:05
x 71

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by DHallworth »

Chris,

Your trip computer looks great!

As does your Activa. It's lovely, stunning in fact!

I need to get mine on the road again actually... I took it off the road as it's got a leaking rear ram (badly) at 53k miles and I knew it wouldn't survive an MOT as it was. Not had time to get near it this year so it's a priority for spring next year.

My biggest problem is I'm so busy at work these days I don't get time to enjoy cars! Something I really miss and another reason we bought the 207 hoping it'd need nothing other then routine servicing for a couple of years.

David.

andmcit
Posts: 4299
Joined: 03 Mar 2005, 18:59
x 17

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by andmcit »

My OCD senses are twitching...

I must say that rear number plate position would drive me mad Chris!!
What's wrong with the body rubbing strip type foam double sided stuff?

In fact, is that a standard depth plate as it looks very shallow (as in fact
the plates always have since Gareth owned it). Do the new plates have a
black surrounding border to make them look even smaller visually?? :?

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by Citroenmad »

bxzx16v wrote:Stunning pics Chris , the activa is looking very nice 8-)

Mark
Thanks mark, I'm looking forward to getting it all polished up :-D Expect to see it at some CCC events next year, I missed taking it this year.
superloopy wrote:Excellent pics there Chris, just makes me realise how high my car is riding at the front and how shabby she looks with peeling Dante Red lacquer :cry: :cry: :cry:

Any pics when you come to sort out your ride height would be mucho appreciated :)
Thanks.
That is a problem with Dante red unfortunately. A superb colour though.

I'm only going to lower the front fractionally. I thought it too low when I first got the car and raised it, however it was by too much and now its starting to irritate me :lol: So probably about half an inch lower, if that. No doubt pictures will appear when I do it, I might do that this week if I get time.
Citroening wrote:Looking very nice Chris - what's all this in aid of then...?! :wink:

Max Power feature? :twisted: :wink:
Nothing as vulgar as that Franklin :lol:

Actually, its going to be inside the NEC next week for the Classic Car Show, sat on the CCC stand with 5 other Citroens. :roll:
DHallworth wrote:Chris,

Your trip computer looks great!

As does your Activa. It's lovely, stunning in fact!

I need to get mine on the road again actually... I took it off the road as it's got a leaking rear ram (badly) at 53k miles and I knew it wouldn't survive an MOT as it was. Not had time to get near it this year so it's a priority for spring next year.

My biggest problem is I'm so busy at work these days I don't get time to enjoy cars! Something I really miss and another reason we bought the 207 hoping it'd need nothing other then routine servicing for a couple of years.

David.
Im really impressed with the trip computer, its a nice little addition to the car. It'll no doubt save some fuel too :lol:

Thanks, its getting a bit of TLC which it has missed this year since I had the XM and V6 Xantia. This is the car for me though, I can't believe I even considered selling it! One drive in it and I'm hooked again :lol:

Your Activa deserves to be used, that is a very nice example you have 8-) No doubt you will appreciate it all the more when you get the rear ram repaired and the car back into use :)

It is very often nice to have a car like your 207 which, hopefully, will be an easy car to own for a few years. That is why I got my current C5 instead of the previous one which was a very needy car. However I've been using the HDi Xant and I prefer it to use.

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by Citroenmad »

andmcit wrote:My OCD senses are twitching...

I must say that rear number plate position would drive me mad Chris!!
What's wrong with the body rubbing strip type foam double sided stuff?

In fact, is that a standard depth plate as it looks very shallow (as in fact
the plates always have since Gareth owned it). Do the new plates have a
black surrounding border to make them look even smaller visually?? :?
Its annoying me too Andrew :(

The plates are stuck on, however the rear is so far over to cover a stray screw hole. I might have to do something about it though!

Yes, the plates are pressed metal with a black border. They are the standard size and font. The front one was originally cut short but started to peal as a result. These are much better.

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by Citroenmad »

I've machine polished the Activa today. Silver is not a rewarding colour to do anything with as it never gives that mirror like shine as darker colours do. However it does now gleam very nicely and looks great, well worth doing. It has taken me almost the full day to do.. I've just got the windows to clean and it'll be ready for its visit to the NEC :)

My sister has been doing some more destruction testing of walls with our eldest C5 today. It is unfortunate but whenever that car gets a little close to something, its always a wall! :shock: Well, there was a tree which jumped out into the door, but that was much more kind to the paintwork. :lol:

The next car I plan on machine polishing is the Mauritius Blue Xantia, that should look very nice once done and very rewarding too.

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by Citroenmad »

Well I have used the first day of my 'reading week' with good intentions but not great results. Well, not great for my assignments but pretty good for my car :lol: I now have a machine polished HDi :roll:

The Activa is looking so good it just made the HDi look dowdy, so it had to be done. Ive not spent as much time on it as I did the Activa as I still need to do the roof and dress the black bodywork trimmings. However, the difference is superb. Its got a nice deep shine to it with hardly a swirl or mark in sight. Its as smooth as glass to touch and is looking very well indeed.

A few pictures:
Image
Image
Image
Image
The driveway never suits an Activa as its not level:
Image
Image
Image

HDi:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I do like a picture or two recently :lol:

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 May 2008, 15:59
x 19

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by red_dwarfers »

They're looking smashing Chris! I won't be going to the NEC so you needn't have polished it after all! :lol:
All the best for that :D

I also particularly like the Activa photo where you can see the tyre make clearly, proper sales brochure attention to detail that :)

bxzx16v
Posts: 1698
Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
x 16

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by bxzx16v »

I don't really need to say a word , the pictures say it all :shock:

Mark

User avatar
ragger
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 23:54
x 3

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by ragger »

Looking good, Chris.

I hope you have a few really good days at the NEC.

Just had a run up to Morpeth and back today in the XM, very nice! It made a nice contrast to the equally enjoyable run out in the 2CV that I had on Sunday.

Rob

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by Citroenmad »

red_dwarfers wrote:They're looking smashing Chris! I won't be going to the NEC so you needn't have polished it after all! :lol:
All the best for that :D

I also particularly like the Activa photo where you can see the tyre make clearly, proper sales brochure attention to detail that :)
Thats a shame Kev.

I liked that one myself :roll:
bxzx16v wrote:I don't really need to say a word , the pictures say it all :shock:

Mark
I'm very pleased with how they have bothed turned out. Xantias seem to have very good quality paint.
ragger wrote:Looking good, Chris.

I hope you have a few really good days at the NEC.

Just had a run up to Morpeth and back today in the XM, very nice! It made a nice contrast to the equally enjoyable run out in the 2CV that I had on Sunday.

Rob
Im really looking forward to it, mostly having a look around to see what is there, looking at the autojumble etc. However it will be a bit different to have one of my cars on the CCC stand. I hope to spend a bit of time around there to chat.

I'll be setting off Thursday early afternoon to get there as soon as I can and get the car positioned inside. I then need to make my way over to the airport to pick up my hired shoebox which will be my get around for the 3 days I'm down there.

Good to hear your XM is still going well after our tinkering. I had our 2cv out at the weekend too, a lot of fun.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 43523
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1590

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by CitroJim »

She's looking absolutely lovely Chris and well deserving of her very special place on the CCC Stand at the NEC..

Chris570 and I will be paying homage on Sunday and looking forward to seeing both you an Activa there :-D