Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Citroenmad

Re: Citroenmads Citroen blog.

Post by Citroenmad »

chopper602 wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:
andmcit wrote:
Steve, if you do get to go across, make sure your doors are locked and dont be hanging about for too long if its dark, you may gain a passenger! :lol:
or lose the car !

You can't actually walk all the way across the top of the Transporter any more. You can climb the steps to see the view, but the stairs don't exist on the Port Clarance side anymore - shame!
They have most likely been half inched and now feature as a decoration in a local garden!

chopper602

Post by chopper602 »

My Dad used to walk across (often carrying his bike) as a kid to avoid paying the penny (or whatever it was) to get across on the gondola.

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

I had a very good day at Jims on Saturday, spending it helping with a few jobs on Jims Prestige with Chris570. We got some jobs ticked off its list, as Jim reported. My C5 took me there and back, 440 miles in total, with ease. Apart from a van driver pulling across the central reservation right infront of me on a dual carrigeway as I was driving back, that did test my reactions, im glad the C5 has good brakes! :shock:

I spent a bit of time this afternoon doing as few things with the XM Estate. I got the stainless steel side trims on, this has only taken me 13 months! The originals were not bubbling they were just quite dull and faded, these bright stainless ones make it look so much better. Together with the brand new front trim, its really set it off. Just a shame the rear set is no longer available. Ive also bled the brakes as they were not as sharp as they should be, much better now.

Chrome strips fitted, it just needs a clean and polish now:

Im using the V6 for my 70 mile a day commute this week, the autobox is makes the crawling traffic into the city centre a doddle. It’ll cost me twice as much in fuel as the C5 though :roll:

I'm not sure how long my 3 car ownership will last, I have been thinking again (dangerous, I know!) and I really ought to be back to two cars again. Space, time and finances all play a part in this. Its why I was set on re-homing the Prestige, it just so happened in doing so another car which I had been wanting to own came my way. I don't want to store one car, unless just over winter. My thinking is if its not in use then I might as well not have it.

I have a bit more thinking to do. I’m hoping that reducing my car numbers involves buying another car but I’ll see how that goes.

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

I love the Xm Chris , quite a beauty in that colour .

Mark

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

myglaren wrote:No plans to go that way for a while. Should have gone down for my brother's birthday but didn't so will be another year away probably.
Ironically enough passed it on Saturday, went to my daughter's on Teesside for granddaughter's birthday, usually go the A1.

Went in eldest daughter's C3 and was pleasantly surprised, not a bad car at all.

The Xm is a cracker. I'd be afraid of having it as a daily with the winter weather around here as it is. Hope it goes to a good home Chris.

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

bxzx16v wrote:I love the Xm Chris , quite a beauty in that colour .

Mark
Thanks Mark, I really like the colour, very changable depending on the weather too.

Its a superb car which we have enjoyed for the past 3 years, however I think its time someone else had the chance to enjoy it.
myglaren wrote: Ironically enough passed it on Saturday, went to my daughter's on Teesside for granddaughter's birthday, usually go the A1.

Went in eldest daughter's C3 and was pleasantly surprised, not a bad car at all.

The Xm is a cracker. I'd be afraid of having it as a daily with the winter weather around here as it is. Hope it goes to a good home Chris.
A19 is probably the best route to Teesside from you Steve, I only do the A1 when the A19 is closed :roll:

We have always kept the XMs out of the winter salt, as you say, winters are not very kind around here.

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Ay up!

Ooooh, metallic dark res with a bit of chrome! You knooooooooooooooow what I like! :bd:

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

Xantianut wrote:Ooooh, metallic dark res with a bit of chrome! You knooooooooooooooow what I like! :bd:
Made me chuckle that did! :lol:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Well in an effort to get back to two cars I have bought another one :lol: Anyway, this does leave me with the problem of selling two of my cars now. So you will see both of my Xantias up in the for sale section. They will soon be listed on carandclassic too.

I really love the Activa, im very attached to my car in particular but the Activa system really intrigues and appeals to me. The drive it gives is simply like no other car and must be experienced to be appreciated. I have had mine for well over 18 months and while I thought it would be a longer ownership than that I think the time has came to move it on. It still impresses me more every time I drive it, but I now know what they are about. The sale is partly due to me downsizing on cars, partly due to a lack of time while at uni and partly due to the fact I want to reduce my outgoings on cars, and fuel is a biggy with a TCT and a V6 in my fleet. So the HDI Exclsuive will fit the bill perfectly.

Same with the V6 really, I really enjoy the car and I might even miss it more than the Activa, as I have not had it as long and am growing very fond of it.

I have thought about selling my C5 and using the HDi Xant for my daily. So I think I will advertise that too and then keep one of the petrol Xantias. Not sure which, whichever one doesn't sell, hopefully at least one of them will!

The word above each picture takes you to the for sale post ...

Activa

V6 Exclusive

The XM estate is also up for sale:

XM 2.1TD Manual

So, the HDi Exclusive then. I have been after one for a long time, I have viewed them in the past but found pretty rough examples. I had put them to the back of my mind but I have always had a hankering for this car, since it was posted about on the forum two years ago. I like the Exclusive mainly because it has hydractive suspension, but after having the V6 I am very fond of the Xanta leather and electric seats - they adjust to suit my ideal driving position. This Exclusive is also an estate which is very handy, especially once the XM estate has gone. The 2.0HDi engine is quite obviously a superb unit and the economy appeals, I'm generally a diesel person. So I'm really looking forward to getting it :-D

Can anyone guess who it belongs to? It must be quite obvious by now but I'll give you some more clues :lol:

Its a 1998 2.0HDi Exclusive Estate in mauritius blue with 70-oddK miles. Too good to miss really!

Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

Citroenmad wrote: Can anyone guess who it belongs to? It must be quite obvious by now but I'll give you some more clues :lol:

Its a 1998 2.0HDi Exclusive Estate in mauritius blue with 70-oddK miles. Too good to miss really!
Am I allowed to guess?

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Chris570 wrote:
Citroenmad wrote: Can anyone guess who it belongs to? It must be quite obvious by now but I'll give you some more clues :lol:

Am I allowed to guess?
Hmm, I think you have an advantage :roll:

Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

I should clarify then, It's not mine, i'm not selling my HDi as hell hasnt frozen over yet

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Chris570 wrote:I'm not selling my HDi as hell hasnt frozen over yet
Have you got confirmation of that? :lol:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Chris, I'm shocked at you investigating the sale of both petrol Xantias :shock: I've been through similar dilemmas and in fact going through one right now and it's very, very difficult. When you see my blog you'll see why :wink:

I's sell the C5 personally.
Citroenmad wrote:
Chris570 wrote:I'm not selling my HDi as hell hasnt frozen over yet
Have you got confirmation of that? :lol:
Feels like it has down here today...

I have another clue. I've bought two cars from the same person... An even bigger clue. I still have them both... :)

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Sounds like DickieG's Xantia HDI Exclusive Estate then...

Surprised you've put the two Xants up for sale Chris - flog that C5 on and keep two Xantias...the V6 and the HDi...