Is there a suitable 2ltr HDI replacement ECU, without DPF!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cookie boy
My Cars:

Post by cookie boy »

Update!! Have i fixed it then??
I have fixed the 3rd piston problem by cleaning the fuse box connections & replacing the fuse (I think it was number 4 fuse giving the prob? but cleaned all the green off them all!)
I have removed the partical filter but left the cat in, then put an 'old school' in line fuel filter in the hose at the rear of the partical filter, with the intention to fool the difference sensor. The additive side was previously programed out & I have since removed a fuel cap magnet & fixed it to the sensor for it.
So far I have done about 150 miles with no probs but will keep you all updated, hopefully with good news?
Thanks for the help :D
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Please do keep us updated - as a 2.2 owner I've toyed with the idea of running minus cat and filter.Thanks!
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
cookie boy
My Cars:

No faps!

Post by cookie boy »

Update! The car has done 1500 miles now, so far so good :D
Cheers steve
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Whats the performance like and what mpg are you getting now compared to before you removed the filter?
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
cookie boy
My Cars:

Post by cookie boy »

I'm not sure on the mpg, its not bad imo though, for such a big car with a small diesel engine in. Performance is much better as before it was warning 'unblock diesel filter' (the partical filter)
I will update if any related faults turn up, if not, no news is good news!
Cheers Steve