Service.Citroen

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Brigsygtt
My Cars:

Post by Brigsygtt »

Still works fine for me. Was playing up the other day & wouldn't let me in though.
97 Xantia 1.9 td lx with a/c (Daily, 172K, FOR SALE)
98 Xantia Hdi Lx with a/c (105k)
97 Renault Extra (c1j turbo 230+hp, 12.88@106)
91 Renault 5 Gt turbo (68k minter)
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Stempy wrote:If you choose your country as one outside the EU then the VAT field disappears and you don't get the "Unknown intra-community code" message, so you can re register, mine's still working this morning having re registered last night as a Canadian! :roll:
So, those of us with a .co.uk email address would cause a contradiction, that either "the computer will say no" or, the Citroen I.T dept might spot it if we tried that trick Stempy.

Did you use a .com email address to get around the above issue, mon ami?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I used a co.uk address to test that very concern. Just checked and I can still log in ok.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im still in, as i have just checked my BLING GO drive shaft

regards malcolm
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Have just got myself a new Peugeot infotec account.

Tried the "Stempy" trick, using Norway (non-EU) and a norwegian post address.
Got an "internal system error", as most likely my ISP (being danish) signals wrong IP address range for Norway.

Then tried a straight register using a known VAT number, and Bobs your uncle, 12seconds later I got a registration email with my account and password info.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im not VAT registerd so dont have and never had to enter any VAT reg No./s when i registered for service citroen

all i belive you need is a dealers parts man to conferm you are a trader/car repairer,

i do have a workshop address

regards malcolm
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I think that's probably the crux of the matter. If you are account registered with a dealer as a supplier then your account will stay active. My local dealer was said they would add me to their system as an account holder but they never did. This used to happen on the old PR.Net. Every now and then they would have a 'clean up'.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'm still valid on SC and Service Box, touch vinyl.
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Is there any reason, other than it being a bit naughty, why you can't use the name, address and VAT no. off a motor factor receipt? Or a Halfords receipt for that matter.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

I wouldn't expect registration to work if you use Vat No and/or postcode of a business that's already registered! :roll:

Last time I tried to register, the page kept crashing. But it was a Sunday afternoon when most genuine motor trade businesses are unlikely to be working!

I wouldn't expect Citroen to have the resources to check every registration in detail, but the registration page might do some 'idiot' checks for VAT number and postcode in valid formats - it might even check that the postcode is a valid one, and that the VAT number and postcode don't belong to a business that's already registered. Given how often the site is 'down', I'd be surprised if there's anything very sophisticated.

I would have thought the best bet is:
- use a plausible but false name for a small repairer,
- invent an address on a local trading estate (a unit that doesn't exist),
- if a VAT number is (becomes) mandatory, use one off a receipt from a non-motor trade business, (so the system can't find a duplicate),
- make a point of visiting the site on a reasonably frequent basis.

I do wonder at the mentality - the proportion of Citroen owners who would potentially 'mis-use' the site looking up data for our own cars has to be miniscule. What harm does it do Citroen? We are more likely to buy 'genuine' parts and waste less of dealers time if we can check parts at our leisure. Are you reading this Andre?

Guy
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

service citroen is not run by citroen, it was farmed out from when it changed from PR.net, i cant remember what the company is called who run it now

regards malcolm
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom

Post by Old-Guy »

SUCCESS! :D
so far anyway.

I have just successfully registered at http://service.citroen.com as a "Motor trade repair professional". The following should help others (re-)register:

e-mail address needs to be (one of) your real one so that you can receive the "Code client" (username) that they allocate to you.

VAT Number must be in the the right format: a UK VAT number 123 4567 89 must be typed as GB123456789.

I accidentally typed in the wrong VAT number. It was still accepted, so I it's not checked against the business. It would be as well to ensure that the VAT number is real, as VAT numbers include a check digit and service.citroen might validate the number via the check digit. It would also be unwise to use a VAT number that belonged to another Motor Trade business.

Address and postcode I doubt the site is sophisticated enough to check addresses throughout Europe but someone might periodically have the time to waste checking postcodes.

I've been on the site this morning and apart from the eccentric design that makes finding anything less than easy, it all seems to be working for me.

Guy
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I've noticed one odd thing here. Not all VINs get me the same data. For example, either the 405 or my Xantia get me all the details, yet entering other VINs found about the place (before and after in sequence) do not guarantee equivalent comprehensiveness of information.
Koukku
My Cars:

Post by Koukku »

Old-Guy wrote: Address and postcode I doubt the site is sophisticated enough to check addresses throughout Europe but someone might periodically have the time to waste checking postcodes.
You can easily find valid postcodes with Google. I just successfully re-registered as a professional from Toronto, Canada (with .fi email address). :P
- V6 Activa / Mini R53 JCW -
_kid_

Post by _kid_ »

I have successfully re-registered to. i have noticed

1) Go for “motor trade repair professional”, make up any name

2) The address need to be a real one inc postcode and town (i used someone i don’t like form my street!)

3) Make up phone number

4) Make up company name

5) As someone as mentioned, use a real vat number, if using GB as a country, put GB before the actual vat number. the vat no. does not need to correspond to the address.
currently no citroens :-(
1.4 2000 forte now gone too
xantia 1.8i 16v dimension 1996P now gone,