Berlingo air bag warning light.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

niggle
My Cars:

Berlingo air bag warning light.

Post by niggle »

We live in Cornwall but have relatives in Perth, Scotland who we visited for Xmas. During the stay my Berlingo 2.0HDi had the air bag warning light come on several times, with a couple of bleeps each time this happened. I phoned Arnold Clark, the local Citroen dealer up there, but they said they could not fit the job in for a week. When I told them we were just visiting the area they suggested one of their other (non Citroen) dealerships might be able to do it but also mentioned that it was likely just to be a problem with the wiring under the passenger seat.

I thanked them and decided to have a look myself: I found small plastic panels under both seats with wiring connections attached. In both cases the panel was hanging down loose apart from a single zip tie though it was obvious by the design it was meant to clip to the bottom of the front and rear tubes of the seat frame, so I clipped both sides back in place and have had no warning lights since. I hope this is a total cure and means the air bag system is now in full working order, or should I take it back to the main Citroen dealer that sold it to me to be checked? It is a 55 reg and is covered by an AA warranty.

Cheers,

Niggle
2005 Iron Grey Berlingo Multspace Forte 2.0HDi : work horse
1980 MZ TS250/1 "Supafive" (seized)
1998 Kanuni MZ ETZ301 (needs conrod)
2005 Black Eye Purple Mini One: family pet
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

These panels are not meant to clip apart, unless any (but unlikely) service jobs are necessary in that area.
Zip tie them up, so they are well and truly secured - and then forget anything about their existance.

Enjoy your Berlingo 8)
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
niggle
My Cars:

Post by niggle »

AndersDK wrote:These panels are not meant to clip apart, unless any (but unlikely) service jobs are necessary in that area.
Zip tie them up, so they are well and truly secured - and then forget anything about their existance.
Yes I did think about adding extra zip ties, thanks for that Anders.
AndersDK wrote:Enjoy your Berlingo 8)
Oh we are, it was excellent on the big 585 miles (~940km) drive to Scotland; with a family of four and all the luggage and Xmas presents on board it was like a modern day Santa's sleigh, only with a roof and heating!

Here is the Blingo in its winter plumage* at Cairnwell Pass (where you find the highest main road in the UK), my kids loved the snow as they see very little of it in Cornwall. Also liked it when they walked on the edges of a frozen loch near Aviemore in temperatures of about -10°C:

*It was washed only the day before we travelled but all that salt builds up quickly and the mud flaps seem pretty ineffective so I am glad they were on the car when I bought rather than me having paid extra for them.
2005 Iron Grey Berlingo Multspace Forte 2.0HDi : work horse
1980 MZ TS250/1 "Supafive" (seized)
1998 Kanuni MZ ETZ301 (needs conrod)
2005 Black Eye Purple Mini One: family pet
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX