InfoRad K1

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hey Old-Guy, I was not having a go and I understood perfectly what you were saying. Anything that can improve road safety in this country has to be applauded. I do not think cameras are the answer.

Like you, I have forty years of driving experience and I will admit, I am not without sin, but I used to vent most of that on the track, out of harms way. Equally, I drive a whole range of different vehicles so I get to see the road from a number of different angles. I do occasionally vent my spleen at our District and County councils at the in-adequacies and problems I encounter to do with their road management.

As this is a public forum, I think it is good occasionally to air views that the rest of the motoring fraternity may read. It may not get to the muppets on the road directly, but it might have a trickle down effect. :shock:

Handyman
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

Problem sorted.

I had one last go (well 3 or 4 - I hate to admit defeat on IT problems) at buying the TomTom Safety Camera Subscription. Success!

For anyone who's interested. TomTom Support's last suggestion was to clear my Internet cache and delete cookies; one of the first things I tried. The only thing that I did different was to clear my 'basket' and start a new order - it still took 2 goes so probably nothing to do with it.

The problem appears to simply be inadequate capacity at TomTom's end - when my address was finally accepted, there were yawning pauses for anything to start happening at each step. Great patience required.

The install process crashed twice - buying Safety Cameras 'unlocked' a whole load of 'free' updates - so the speed camera updates for 13 countries had to be installed one at a time!
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)