SAD 660W

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pleiades
My Cars:

Post by Pleiades »

Time goes on and on, I remember this project but I didn't think that it was as long ago as 1992!

We did some alterations to some BX power steering rams, this enabled the first coffin to be raised up, leaving enough room for a second coffin to be slid in underneath.

The car in question is not as old as the plate says, I dont know what age it was but the plastic bumpers would put it 1985 onwards, as the pre 1985 CX had chrome bumpers.

I wonder if the double deck bit is still in? it would make an ideal camper!

Regards
Martin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

What a great article from the Citroenian :D I particularly liked your contemporary advert at the bottom of the article Martin!

Hearses aside, was the CX ever used as an ambulance in the UK? I ask as I was carted off on a stretcher in the back of an ambulance a while back and it was a terrible experience. I was in no state to know what it was but semi-concious I could not help thinking what a dreadful, crashy, harsh ride this particular ambulance had. The ride was so bad, anyone in a worse state than me was likely to arrive at hospital requiring the services of the aformentioned CX. It was that bad :twisted: You'd think that the whole point of an ambulance would be to ferry the sick to hospital in comfort and not make their ailments about 100 times worse on the journey. For me the ride was literally sickening :twisted: :twisted:

I can't help thinking a hydropneumatically suspended vehicle would be perfect for an amblance.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

I can't help thinking a hydropneumatically suspended vehicle would be perfect for an amblance.
yes i agree tall sided vehicle hydropneumatic and activa roll control perfect.
2004 C3 XTR HDI 16V 92bhp
2004 Xsara Picasso Exclusive HDI 16V 110bhp
1989 Peugeot J5 Hymer B694 2.5td intercooled 8v 96bhp
deian

Post by deian »

that is an interesting article, at least i know where abouts it is, but if i would go looking for it again i bet i wouldn't find it so easy next time, someone called sod says so. you never know, i reckon the car will be out of use before i die, i'm only 27, but i will make my wife know that it is the desired car to be in the coffin.

(With all due respects, I can't help but wish AlanS to have his final ride in that car.)

Thanks everyone for being so involved with this interesting story. If I ever see it again, I will stop the guy for a chat.