jgra1 blog

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: jgra1 blog

Post by CitroJim »

jgra1 wrote: may be on way back ! ;)
OK, I should be around all weekend... Give me a quick call just to check...

jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

morning all ;)

my second drive of the C5 was this weekend, and also the second 2-day +500 mile trip!
Saturday saw me off to Derby (via Ruislip) for some leather seats, door cards, a cruise stalk and the fan resisitor/heat sink.. The back seats and the fan were fitted there and then.. was really missing the fan..
The chap there has a 2002 Mauritious blue exclusive 2.0 - if anyone needs panels etc.. think it has an HP pump problem. 68,000 miles.
Then off to a friends overnight in Bedford. and in the morning a quick visit to citojim for a lexia session..

of note from that : some minor faults cleared, I dont have tyre pressure sensors, and I dont have an alarm! I noticed that the car seems to have post production ultra sonic sensors at the tops of the A-pillars, and also the main key is a non standard item with no buttons but a battery. I think there is some documentation about an alarm fitting too..
So my questions are:
where are the ultrasonics on a C5 S1 normally?
I assume a C5 SX comes with a factory alarm, why would another one have been fitted?
The car in derby, I can have door locks, 2 keys, and ignition barrel.. if I can get the pincode, what are the chances of changing all of them over with a lexia, and what can or worms may I open regarding the alarm ?

one other question, is the display screen high up in middle of dash supposed to light up at night?
was a great drive back last night, selected just the speedo for illumination, and 2 hours of empty roads.. car felt like it was driving itself, requiring so little inputs from me..
:)
John

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

C5 SX has no alarm, only an immobiliser John.
Yes the infoscreen should be lit at all times but the bulbs don't last forever.
The screen comes out easily (allegedly) and the bulbs are available from Halfords and possibly cheaper on eBay)
I need to do one of mine - one day.
If they are all off it could be a duff connection of course - fair chance if someone has been fitting an aftermarket alarm.

jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

ahh.. many thanks Steve..
sounds like it may be possible to revert back to standard keys and RCL, but at the least, will loose the alarm..
thanks re display answer :) seems a bit odd driving at night with no idea what Radio station you are on etc..

one more question.. ECO button... am I right that this disables the AC when pressed, essentially?

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

jgra1 wrote: one more question.. ECO button... am I right that this disables the AC when pressed, essentially?
Yes, exactly.

jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

Goodness.. not been here for a while lol

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

nope, you haven't

jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

I have gained many greys hairs since July 2012.. but not from the trusty 8V c5 hdi ;)

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

what is "hair".....forgotten that

RU going to photo shoot the strip down of the engine/engine bay ?

Esp the empty engine bay......that would help a lot with understanding the pipe rums etc, some of the steering rack from above would be good as well, such as the HP line fittings and any corrosion there.

jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

Ahh.. you mean the x7 sf? Yep feel like in am trailblazing with that a bit..
Will take plenty including cam timing and engine bay etc ;)

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Top Job, I am sure it will be referenced quite a lot, cheers for that

jgra1

relay, boxer, ducati (o)

Post by jgra1 »

evening all ;)
Outside work - and Winter! so it must be restoration time.. !

2.2 Hdi 8V engine questions on their way..

first one, can a dodgy injector tick like a bad tappet?

John

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

New project then John? Do tell us more...

I have a new project on the way too...

jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

hello Jim :)

A 2.2 hdi boxer van - for a camper van conversion..
I may remove front subframe and engine etc as one job, then rear springs etc to leave a shell.. there is some welding to do, 11 years old!

Before I start that I wanted to get the engine running a bit better (it cuts out as soon as its warm and any load is applied - completely un-driveable)

I cleared codes last night, and forced it to cut out (about 5000rpm) and the new code is the P0191 fuel pressure...
so.. my attention has turned to injector #1 - its noisy when warm... I will do a leak off later..
The PP doesn't seem to allow individual injector analysing
I will change Fuel filter and inspect old...

There is a split vac pipe, possibly EGR related.. the EGR switches on and off - its quite audible, a sort of rattling sound..
The turbo control valve OCR shows always 0% - which seems odd..
the turbo works ok..
there is some residual oil in the duct/IC

finally.. the OS driveshaft / NS wheel bearing are both shot.. and I would like a clutch in it.. and a belt - WP

hence removing the whole lump and Sub :)

What is yours?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Wow, that's a lovely project John :D

Looking forward to regular instalments now ;)