ZX Glow plug access!?!?!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

I never had to disconnect any fuel pipes to gain access to change the glow plugs on my ZX TD. :?

Do as Jim says and anneal the copper washers before refitting them...this will make them nice & soft & then they should seal ok.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i dont usualy have any probs with these banjo unions, and no the hole dose not have to line up with the trough way, it can be any direction as inside of the banjo there is a vouid all the way around where the bolt goes through,

so long as all the matting surfaces are clean just try toightening it a little bit at a time untill it seals,

regards malcolm
ishish8

Post by ishish8 »

Just been down the local scrappy on my lunch hour and got the bolt, washers, banjo and feed pipe off a xantia with a bosch pump and they didn't want any money :D

fingers crossed this'll fix it if not i'll go get the rest of the pump :lol:

So if I just heat them up a bit with the blowtorch and dip them in water before fitting?
I love my s**t ZX Turdo Derv Bucket
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

ishish8 wrote:....So if I just heat them up a bit with the blowtorch and dip them in water before fitting?
Yeah...heat them till they are bright red then quench them into cold water, this will soften them & then they should seal no problem then.
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
ishish8

Post by ishish8 »

Well I'm pleased to say that It is now back on the road! :D :D :D

I heated up the washers (with some pliers and a lighter - couldn't find the little gas torch! lol!) and tried just fitting the new bolt and it still leaked?

So, I took the metal banjo feed pipe off and swapped it for the xantia one and all worked fine.

Turns out that I must have tightened the bolt too much and it distorted top face of the banjo bit therefore not getting a good seal.

THANKS TO EVERYONE ON HERE FOR YOUR HELP - MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Now, if anyone needs any spares and lives near Queesnferry, North Wales - then there is a goldmine of Citroens/Peugeot's in Queesnferry car dismantlers and its all VERY cheap. Its where I got my bits from today and they didn't want anything for them.

Also, I've got some spares off a mate who rolled his 306 TD if anyone wants anything - alternator/lucas pump/injectors/bits of pipe - basically all the engine bits and dashboard.

So i'll do my bit to say thanks for the help - Give me a call if you need any parts - 07910315943

cheers!

Jim :D
I love my s**t ZX Turdo Derv Bucket
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

Glad to hear you're sorted & back on the road :D

Cheers.
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
joss
My Cars:

Post by joss »

I've just done the glowplugs on my ZX and didn't find the access bad. It was tedious because of only being able to make small turns with the spanner, but that was all.

Maybe it was having small hands that helped... although I did break a nail. :wink: