Tales of a C3, a Goddess and some BMW's.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Re: Tales of a C3, a C5, a Goddess and the Beast.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It is a magnificent machine, but I would hate doing anything major in the engine bay. Even a sardine would say it was cramped in there.

I have now stuck a couple of labels (one on the slam panel, the other on the interior fuse box cover) with the level of a/c refrigerant fluid required.
lexi
Donor 2020

Post by lexi »

Will that do you Lexi?
Wey hey Richard...........like a lovely woman, that is well screwed together guv. Many thanks. :lol:
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:It is a magnificent machine, but I would hate doing anything major in the engine bay. Even a sardine would say it was cramped in there.
Access to the starter battery (another one in the boot does everything else) air/oil filters and 16 spark plugs is excellent, the rest is well challenging :lol:
DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

If you do find you're missing something obvious with the easibleed, Richard, I'd be grateful if you could let me know!

The SL is a fantastic looking machine! A friend of my dad has had 2 or 3 of them now and he's loved every single one of them!

David.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I think you missed two angles; an aerial shot, and one of the underside! :rofl2:
bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Lovely 8-).

Mark
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

bxzx16v wrote:Lovely 8-).

Mark
Gosh, isn't it just :P 8-)

The automotive equivalent of a very pretty girl...
lexi
Donor 2020

Post by lexi »

Given Richards cars and title, this vid always has me thinking of him :-D " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DickieG

Post by DickieG »

Had a bit of a strange one this week on the C5 in that I had a warning pop up on the dash of the O/S/F tyre pressure being low, the warning occurred within a few meters of starting the journey so I immediately stopped to check the pressure and found it to be correct. Thinking that maybe the sensor battery had expired I was left thinking that I'll need to source a replacement at a cost of £60 plus fitting so I investigated further with Diagbox plus the valve exciter to discover that the tyre slightly down on pressure was at the rear (I've been experimenting with tyre pressures to even out tyre wear) so it appears that whatever position each tyre valve was initially programmed to be will show that tyre as being down on pressure despite the wheel being in a different position :?

Danni had a bit of bad luck last week, on Monday a work colleague brushed her Clio's front bumper against Danni's C3 front bumper causing a scuff, at least she did the decent thing by contacting Danni and promising to cover the cost of repairs, unlike the scumbag in Lidls car park two days later who dented the front wing and drove off :evil: As Danni is now in Barcelona visiting a friend the car is presently being repaired ready for when she returns on Tuesday.

The Mercedes and BMW have nothing to report and the Goddess is tucked up in bed away from this nasty weather.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gosh Richard, these now cars really are too clever!

Sorry to hear about Danni's happenings... Did you get hold of Gareth to do the remedial work?
DickieG

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:Sorry to hear about Danni's happenings... Did you get hold of Gareth to do the remedial work?
Ive always used Gareth for paintwork until now but as he's now something like 100 miles away I've taken a friends recommendation for a local chap.
DickieG

Post by DickieG »

Now that winter is supposedly upon us I've fitted the winter tyres/wheels to my C5, not that it's such a struggle to negotiate the North Circular Road on summer tyres but more a case of looking to protect the wheels fitted with summer tyres as they are diamond cut which doesn't last 5 minutes when there is salt on the road, the winter tyres are noticeably noisier and generally more "grumbly" than the summer tyres, otherwise nothing to report with the C5.

I gave the Mercedes a good clean up yesterday as it had been getting a little dusty in the garage then used it to collect Dawn from work in Windsor as shock horror gasp, her BMW required repair work by way of a noisy wheel bearing. The task was an object lesson in how easy such a task can be but it did require me to purchase a monster 46mm socket to undo the securing nut, having swapped the bearing the only fault with the original one was that the grease had run dry causing it to rumble, oh for old fashioned serviceable bearings!!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Did you know, nearly two thirds of all bearings fail prematurely?

Amazing but true: over 60% of rolling bearings fail to run to their full design life. The result is you incur the cost of more breakdowns, more replacement parts, more lost production and more maintenance costs than you should.

Spotted this ^ on Friday at Eriks. Went to buy new bearings for our glue machine. There are a pair that are used as wheels and travel about ten feet along a steel rail, then ten feet back, about 150 times a day. There is barely any loading on them - around 10 kilo's spread across the pair - and they run at room temperature all the time. They are about six years old.

The pair to be replaced stopped rolling a couple of years ago and just slide back and forth. Big flats worn in them and they are now wearing a groove in the rail.

Direct replacements were over £50 each + the inevitable. Eriks found a replacement pair for half the price.

Considering the amount of wear and tear on them compared to those in cars they should last a couple of hundred years.
DickieG

Post by DickieG »

I spent part of the day pulling out the interior of a Morris Minor with the intention of fitting new carpets and various other trim items only to discover that unfortunately the N/S/F floor pan was rusted through with a 4" split so the retrim has been put on hold pending a fair bit of welding being done.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

DickieG wrote:I spent part of the day pulling out the interior of a Morris Minor
That must have taken all of about 5 minutes :rofl2: