Activa Spotting - Post all eBay and etc. Finds here

Stickies moved from the Activa forum

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I have to agree about the 'ole in the roof Andrew :D As much as I like aircon I still like a sunroof, if only for the light it lets in. Tell you the truth, I'm claustraphobic to a degree, well a lot actually, and the sunroof really does help ease it. Some cars are out of bounds to me for the very reason I feel trapped in them. One, notably, is the Ford Fiesta and Ka. I've been in roomier rabbit hutches...

The bumper: Either he's damaged the tongue replacing it or just been lazy and not engaged it properly when replacing. If broken it can be a bit tricky to fix. More likely the latter rather than damage though, it's pretty flexible...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

The reserve has been lowered and achieved current sale price of £110

Colin
Koukku
My Cars:

Post by Koukku »

Those things really are dirt cheap in the UK. :shock: If I was any closer I'd buy that for the leather interior alone.
- V6 Activa / Mini R53 JCW -
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

CitroJim wrote:I have to agree about the 'ole in the roof Andrew :D As much as I like aircon I still like a sunroof, if only for the light it lets in. Tell you the truth, I'm claustraphobic to a degree, well a lot actually, and the sunroof really does help ease it. Some cars are out of bounds to me for the very reason I feel trapped in them. One, notably, is the Ford Fiesta and Ka. I've been in roomier rabbit hutches...

The bumper: Either he's damaged the tongue replacing it or just been lazy and not engaged it properly when replacing. If broken it can be a bit tricky to fix. More likely the latter rather than damage though, it's pretty flexible...
The thing is with a sun roof as long as the car has a fully adjustable seat I.E including height adjustment on the squab front and back) then it's possible to get a good driving position.

The reason why I say this, is because in actual fact when a sunroof is fitted in most cars you get less head room, because the outer roof stays the same, whereas the inside gets a different headlining which is lower (around the sunroof) and, the sunroof itself also intrudes into the interior.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

ACTIVE8 wrote: The thing is with a sun roof as long as the car has a fully adjustable seat I.E including height adjustment on the squab front and back) then it's possible to get a good driving position.

The reason why I say this, is because in actual fact when a sunroof is fitted in most cars you get less head room, because the outer roof stays the same, whereas the inside gets a different headlining which is lower (around the sunroof) and, the sunroof itself also intrudes into the interior.
I prefer a car without a sun roof to be honest, because I'm 6'3" and MUCH prefer the head room! That's as long as it has aircon of course, which I'll discover about April... :)

I find the adjustment on the Activa seats quite infuriating. The tilt goes back and forward, and the height tilts as well! It probably doesn't help that I like to sit high up, so I can (hopefully) see where I'm parking...

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
Koukku
My Cars:

Post by Koukku »

Sl4yer wrote: I prefer a car without a sun roof to be honest, because I'm 6'3" and MUCH prefer the head room!
Not to mention the weight savings. ;) Having less weight on the roof means that there's a lot less weight transfer during cornering... atleast this is what I keep telling myself when driving my sunroofless Activa. :P
- V6 Activa / Mini R53 JCW -
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Here's an Activa in Northern Ireland, spotted in Auto Trader today:

http://tinyurl.com/b38vfg
1998 CITROEN XANTIA ACTIVA 2.0 TURBO PETROL

Price:
£900

Features:

* 2000 CC

Full Description:
Very rare limited edition car in excellent condition inside + out, full years MOT, all the toys, other cheap quality cars in stock. £900

Trade Seller:

Paul Howard

Contact number: 07821 241307
ImageImage
Jennie
My Cars:

Post by Jennie »

Looks nice, will be a nice car for someone

"all the toys" means what? I cant see the headlamp washers, wonder what it actually has? It doesnt mention any interior.

Still, it really does look lovely :D
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

And another. Looks familiar - might have been listed before recently. Possibly one of the original demonstrators from the number plate:

Autotrader
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Sl4yer wrote:And another. Looks familiar - might have been listed before recently. Possibly one of the original demonstrators from the number plate:

Autotrader
That is a very nice looking Activa!

Toby? :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Jennie
My Cars:

Post by Jennie »

37,000 miles and one owner! Thats a rare find
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

That is a low mileage for a 14 year old car, if it's the correct mileage.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

:o That is seriously low mileage!

And so very tempting. Has anyone bought this on here? Its still on autotrader, think ill ring up about this tomorrow, that would suit me perfectly!

Why does it reg look familiar? Was that ever a press car that we might have seen in some roadtests?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Citroenmad wrote:Why does it reg look familiar? Was that ever a press car that we might have seen in some roadtests?
XCF registrations were common for Citroën UK car's around 95, some of which were used for press photo's.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Thank you for that, i thought that might be the case. :)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10