My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

alright, average mileage.................. :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Xsarahdi wrote:Its cheap at the minute and not far from me either, only around 15 miles. :?

I'd quite like to have a project to do sometime.
An Activa will keep you busy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,forever :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Ahem.

1) My favourite colour
2) Late
3)Local

Will be keeping an eye on this 8-) Just contacted the seller to have a look, been after one like this for a while.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote: An Activa will keep you busy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,forever :lol:
That'll be right :twisted:

Gareth, Excellent :D Not a big lot of work to do on it either...

Most of that I think you've already done.....

Hope it all works out...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

XantiaMan wrote:Ahem.

1) My favourite colour
2) Late
3)Local

Will be keeping an eye on this 8-) Just contacted the seller to have a look, been after one like this for a while.
You really are a sucker for punishment, I don't know how you do all the work you do to these cars then sell them on fairly soon after. I'm in awe of you I have to say. Just removing and internally cleaning the rear height corrector on my VSX yesterday took me a good few hours and I was fuming by the end of it, couldn't get the high pressure feed lines to go in the HC without lots of swearing!

If there is a problem with either ram I do have the ones off my Activa still sat in the shed.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Dommo wrote:You really are a sucker for punishment, I don't know how you do all the work you do to these cars then sell them on fairly soon after.
I think Gareth must be a masochist :dom:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Most Citroen owners are........................all Activa owners certainly.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Dommo wrote:
You really are a sucker for punishment, I don't know how you do all the work you do to these cars then sell them on fairly soon after. I'm in awe of you I have to say. Just removing and internally cleaning the rear height corrector on my VSX yesterday took me a good few hours and I was fuming by the end of it, couldn't get the high pressure feed lines to go in the HC without lots of swearing!

If there is a problem with either ram I do have the ones off my Activa still sat in the shed.
To be fair i had my first S2 Activa for around 18 months, i only sold it because i got the Mondeo, my only regret was not finding the space to keep it at the time.

The S1 Activa (now owned by Chris) was a bit of an impulse, to be honest i didnt gel with it as much as the S2 which i was used to, having had a similar spec TD LX for a while before meant it was almost like de ja vue.

I've fancied a green one for a while, not a common colour at all, you may recall a thread recently where i mentioned it was one of my top choices.

I have the chaps number and will be making contact shortly to have a viewing first to see what the score is, as of yet i've not spoken to Vicky about it :roll: but i am very tempted :lol: , and, lets be honest, this really is the best enthusiasts forum going on the internet, with real decent people, i've already been banned off the Mondeo ST forum because they didnt like my saying EBC Redstuff pads were crap :roll:
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

i've already been banned off the Mondeo ST forum because they didnt like my saying EBC Redstuff pads were crap
The truth hurts i guess, their standard pads are good but i dont like the red ones either.

Hope you do get another Gareth, its good to have your input on the Forums.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a very petty reason for a ban Gareth... Gosh, on here you could say that V6 XM are crap and you'df still not be banned :lol:

Mind you, that might not be so far from the truth....
Deanxm wrote: Hope you do get another Gareth, its good to have your input on the Forums.
Absolutely...

Just goes to show how addictive an Activa is... :D:

Chris's one is VERY good Gareth.. I know, I've driven it...

(and done a tad of spannering on it...)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

XantiaMan wrote: The S1 Activa (now owned by Chris) was a bit of an impulse, to be honest i didnt gel with it as much as the S2 which i was used to, having had a similar spec TD LX for a while before meant it was almost like de ja vue.
I know that feeling, often when I replace a similar car it takes me ages to connect with the replacement. Though I have really got to like this Activa and gel with it very well, I wouldnt swap it :lol:

Good luck with your search :) I see it might be a slightly darker shade of green your after now ...
CitroJim wrote: Absolutely...

Just goes to show how addictive an Activa is... :D:

Chris's one is VERY good Gareth.. I know, I've driven it...

(and done a tad of spannering on it...)
It does, nothing else seems to drive the same after living with an Activa for a while. I know some say they dont feel the advantages but I find the Activa suits my driving style and the more I drive it the more I enjoy it. It far surpasses my expectations I had of an Activa.

Thanks again Jim, its coming along nicely now, when I have fitted the rad and the front bushes it wont be wanting for much else now.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Koukku
My Cars:

Post by Koukku »

Deanxm wrote:
i've already been banned off the Mondeo ST forum because they didnt like my saying EBC Redstuff pads were crap
The truth hurts i guess, their standard pads are good but i dont like the red ones either.
So the ST forum is an EBC fan forum? :lol: I have EBC Ultimax pads on my Activa, and they're not only crap but also overpriced crap...
- V6 Activa / Mini R53 JCW -
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Thanks for the insight. I had considered pairing Ultimax with my OEM spec Brembo rotors (288×28mm) whenever they're eventually fitted. What d'you think is a better choice, without getting to silly money?
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

I always got on well with EBC Green Stuff pads, I presume they're available for the Activa brakes?

Edit - (Thats not to say I like the red stuff pads, only the green ones!!)
davoxx
(Donor 2020)

Post by davoxx »

Dommo wrote:I always got on well with EBC Green Stuff pads, I presume they're available for the Activa brakes?

Edit - (Thats not to say I like the red stuff pads, only the green ones!!)
do activas even need it? :)
why?