Veggie and Activa tales but now rental reviews blog!

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

KP

Post by KP »

Well after some careful looking around and test driving the Disco 3 HSE's are out of the window. i just wasn't happy with whats available at the minute :(

A FFRR Vogue SE is on the cards but is at a higher than expected price as its at a stratstone dealer :(

Does anyone work for them or know someone that does that might be able to help me get discount??

Its black with black interior, has loads of options on it including the FBH remote unit as well and will come with a 12month dealer warranty and will have some bodywork done as well by the markings on it but if i could get it a trade it would be much better :) Its a TD6 with only 73k on it and just been serviced too.

KP

Post by KP »

Well time for an update mainly due to a lack of Chevron bearing transport, motorised or not!

Here is a quote from a new forum I will have to frequent :-D
Well i picked up my new toy on friday!!

Here she is

She is a litte scruffy as she has had a dog, often wet by the smell of it, in her boot which pongs and i am working on, and the odd scrape to the leather so i'm getting a dye from the gliptone guys at some point.
Also got her a trade sale so no silly price was paid for the downside of having no warranty and she isn't cleaned at all.

Items soi far on the list are,
Update sat nav ;)
Sort scrapes out with a proper dye kit and then feed the leather with gliptone for a few days on the trot
Get the exterior sorted by a detailer
get a warranty thats half way decent(hard when the car has covered 125k)
Swap wheels over to the 6 spoke type or buy a set with some proper snow weather tyres (current ones are michelin M+S i think)
replace some damaged parts (lower storage units in boot where the dog has chewed the leather grab handle off!)
Get a rigid boot liner
get a detachable towbar, the ones on ebay seem good
swap the front grille for a grey/black one
get the gearbox fluid changed
get the engine chipped.

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Sounds interesting, but what is it? :lol:

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

something for Rovering across the Land to Discovery new things perhaps????????????????

D

KP

Post by KP »

Ha ha oops!

It's a full fat range rover td6 vogue 2005 facelift version :-)

I'll post up Flickr links if I get a chance tomorrow :-)

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Hmm very nice! 8-)

I thought you would be going for a Discovery 3, what swayed you onto a Range Rover?

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

They are much better, thats probably what :lol:

D

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

I'm not a fan of the styling IMO - looks like a box on wheels! :lol: :roll:

Although I do like Visas...and Oltcits... :lol: :roll:

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

shame on you! the Range rover is a lovely car designed to work well at what it does, The big V8s are a lovely drive.

D

Citroening

Post by Citroening »

I was talking about the Disco...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

oh sorry, yeah, the Disco is one ugly monster, the early one with it lean to extension to the boot was also rather ugly, who puts an extension on a car?

D

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG »

Deanxm wrote:who puts an extension on a car?
Every person who buys a Ssangyong Rodius, now that is one very ugly car.

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers »

DickieG wrote:
Deanxm wrote:who puts an extension on a car?
Every person who buys a Ssangyong Rodius, now that is one very ugly car.
http://vibeweekly.com/newsite/index.php ... Itemid=457

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Wow....................i think ive just been given a new benchmark from which i can guage ugly :shock:

D

KP

Post by KP »

Here are the pics fingers crossed!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65819956@N03/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I went for one as for the same price you get the same age/milage/condition of disco 3 but the reliability of them seems pretty shocking even for someone who has old Renault turbo's!! So asked around and ffrr came up so looked and decided after some reading and quotes that running costs aren't far off for insurance and tax and fuel..... Well 24mpg average so far over my first 600miles isn't too bad as I'm starting to get used to an old school auto and gettin it right for torque converter lock up.

Saw over 35mpg in the motor way to skegness this week :-D

And yeah it's so much nicer to look at than a d3, specially once I've sorted the outside!

Already got a hard boot liner for £22, new main spare wheel boot cover for £15.99