Xac's adventures with Cassy (and friends + wife)

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 30 Apr 2011, 21:57

Awesome coincidence!
He was a young lad, maybe 20ish.
The cabin is in the back garden of a large house, and access is via a gate over a cattle grid.
He did a good job of finding us, but he tried to pull in through the gate, where the cooler unit pushed against the branches above, he stopped and pulled back a bit, but that meant the van was now really blocking the gateway so he had to struggle past it with the shopping.

I could definitely see that some of the roads were very Activa friendly, but at 19mpg it would have cost a fortune to get down there in Juliet!

This is where we stayed

red_dwarfers
donor 2017

Post by red_dwarfers » 30 Apr 2011, 22:09

That is rather picture perfect :D

Here is a particular Activa friendly road (providing you can A. find it, and B. get a clear run without cars or large branches :evil: in the way) me and Toby sampled a couple of weeks ago:

© Copyright Colin Madge and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

Get down this far and you'll find that every time you go out for a drive the car needs a wash unless you stick to the rather few A roads. Well, actually that's no guarantee, I can think of a couple that are quite narrow in places :lol:

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 12 May 2011, 23:14

Today Danielle got a knock on the door from an Irishman, asking if Jenny and Juliet were for sale (yes he's one of those types) to which she replied "No of course not, they're both taxed and insured, he's into his Citroens and has another one"
The bloke replied "Oh I bet that must drive you up the wall, all these Citroens and that"
"Not at all" she said, "I find them fascinating, especially their suspension"
Which left him stunned :D

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 18 Jun 2011, 15:32

Sat in mot waiting room, Juliet will be going in soon.
Bit of a panic when I got here and noticed blue/grey smoke from the o/s edge of the bonnet!
Carefully opened it to find no flames but the smoke was coming from the back of the engine so I guess (hope) its just oil that has dripped onto the turbo during all of Jim's hard work.
Ooo they've just driven her into the bay.

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 18 Jun 2011, 17:09

She passed of course :)

Citroening

Post by Citroening » 18 Jun 2011, 17:17

Brilliant News! =D>

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 18 Jun 2011, 17:20

It was bloody nail biting for me I can tell you :twisted:

Absolutely delighted :D :D :D :D :D

Luckily, Trooper30 popped round to see me whilst Xac and Juliet were at the MOT station and that took my mind off it...

Good job otherwise I'd have no fingernails left :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 18 Jun 2011, 19:23

Well having missed out on all the spannering with Juliet, I had a quick look at removing the damaged rear bumper from Jenny, which turned into actually removing the damaged rear bumper of Jenny.
Danielle was not pleased as she was waiting for me to clear the stairs so she could go and have a shower (it's a good job she's daft enough to love me!).

Dead easy job.
The replacement bumper which I need to get resprayed is missing one of the captive nuts, not an issue as you just glue a bolt out through the hole and fit a nut to the bolt.
However, I spotted on Jenny's old one that the captive nuts are held in with a clamp and thought great I can just swap them over, but no joy, the new bumper is from an earlier car so doesn't have this handy modification.

admiral51
donor 2019

Post by admiral51 » 18 Jun 2011, 21:39

red_dwarfers wrote:That is rather picture perfect :D

Here is a particular Activa friendly road (providing you can A. find it, and B. get a clear run without cars or large branches :evil: in the way) me and Toby sampled a couple of weeks ago:

© Copyright Colin Madge and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

Get down this far and you'll find that every time you go out for a drive the car needs a wash unless you stick to the rather few A roads. Well, actually that's no guarantee, I can think of a couple that are quite narrow in places :lol:
Long time to reply but that is Zig Zag hill without a doubt :)

Lots of roads like that round here, im sure i can point Toby in the direction of some unusual ones that even hes unaware of :wink:

Colin

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 18 Jun 2011, 21:45

Good work on jenny's bumper Xac, and good practice for replacing Juliet's bumper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colin, indeed that's Zig-Zag hill. I've taken my Activa up and down it...

Toby_HDi

Post by Toby_HDi » 18 Jun 2011, 21:53

admiral51 wrote:
Long time to reply but that is Zig Zag hill without a doubt :)

Lots of roads like that round here, im sure i can point Toby in the direction of some unusual ones that even hes unaware of :wink:

Colin
Please do! :D

admiral51
donor 2019

Post by admiral51 » 18 Jun 2011, 22:14

Ill get my map out Toby to make sure i dont send you off into the middle of nowhere on the wrong ones :lol:

Colin

admiral51
donor 2019

Post by admiral51 » 18 Jun 2011, 22:44

My apologies to Xac for posting this in his Blog but i cant find the thread that im sure was here somewhere about good driving roads :oops:

Toby go from Ringwood to Salisbury on the A338 then take the A354 towards Blandford .When you get to Coombe Bisset turn right (before you get to the Fox and Goose pub) towards Stratford Tony. Follow this road until you get to Ebbesborne Wake. Take the road into the village and when you get to the Horseshoe Inn bear left and follow your nose to SixPenny Handley. Amazing views and im sure it will give your activa a good workout :)

Colin

Xaccers

Post by Xaccers » 20 Jun 2011, 19:47

Cassy has just hit 200K :D

red_dwarfers
donor 2017

Post by red_dwarfers » 20 Jun 2011, 20:41

Wooo!

I couldn't get too excited when RUNN passed 200k as my rather serious advanced driving tutor was sitting next to me while he was listening to my commentary driving :lol: