anyone REALLY keen on a V6 Activa?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

CitroJim wrote:Both my V6 and Activa have the passenger airbag Ross and they're both S1s...
I didn't think any S1 had a passenger airbag - the ones I frequent are obviously too low-rent... :D You learn something new every day
ImageImage
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Is it going to be an AX or a Saxo Jim?

Best engine for a learner is a diesel by far as at least it makes the kangeroo smoother as even when you drop the clutch in the AX it just throws you right back in the seat, the fastest acceleration the car can do i think :D
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

Best engine for a learner is a diesel by far as at least it makes the kangeroo smoother as even when you drop the clutch in the AX it just throws you right back in the seat
It is for this reason I would say a small petrol is the best engine to learn on, as it will not let you get away with bad clutch control. Theres nothing worse than being a passenger with someone who cant control the clutch properly, or one of those drivers who 'pulse' the accelerator.
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Ah but with the diesel having so much low down torque it means they can just control the clutch and use some gears without touching the accelerator. try it yourself, i could get to 4th in a car park and it made you learn how to feed the clutch in to get it smooth and if you came off too quick it would dip and vibrate harshly but a petrol would stall as they have no guts low down.. plus being slower to accelerate they mean they move at the thinking speed the new driver can think :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, it'll be either a reasonable AX, a Saxo or a 106 Will :D I'll be soon looking out for a possible project but (and this from daughter) it must not be "chavved up" so one that has been owned by a little old lady to run to church and back will be perfect.

I will be looking for a small petrol as I believe diesel ones cost a lot more to insure. I may be wrong there abnd if so, then a 1.5D may be worth looking at. Robyn will be learning in a diesel so perhaps, if insurance is ok, that'll be a good thought.

Just remember it'll be dad insuring her so I want it reasonable!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I learn't to drive a 1Ltr petrol Corsa, a little harder to control than my instructors 1.9TDi Golf IIRC.
Not a nice car to drive when parking up, dipping the clutch and turning the steering wheel, the tops of my shoes used to get caught :twisted:

Have you thought about maybe going down the BX route? Fairly small cars, bigger engines (Im thinking acceleration entering a MK roundabout so you don't get a car stuck in the side of you, something I always got worried about in my corsa) and the ability to accelerate out of potential hazards. Squared off so easy to park/find the corners of the car, all round good visability, decent boot space, insurance will be "cheap" due to the general unpopularity and age. Cool suspension to show off to mates. Oh and theres something else, let me think....its green blooded :lol: :lol: Everyone's happy :D

EDIT: Just remembered, there's a couple of BX's on the BXC being given away for free :wink:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

Fair point KP.
I would try but manuals are out of my life for the foreseeable future ;)
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
citroen7
My Cars: 73 stag,86 bx gt 89 bxgti 90 bxgti 4x4 91 metor auto 97 p38 2004 c5 2.0 vtr 2006 c5 estate 1.6

Post by citroen7 »

arrived yesterday only one xantia seen sor far ,a couple of xms were spied for sale in a garage down the mountain will pop in for a look .A very nice meheri passed through the village last night thought about flagging him down but we had only just arrived so didnt think family would appreciated it ! Off to italy tomorrow to do some shopping as prices here are pretty steep. will endevour to stick up some pics in the next day or to :D