Saxo Owners

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevenc75

Saxo Owners

Post by stevenc75 »

I've only been here a short time, but I haven't seen any other Saxo owners and there is little on the forum about the Saxo.

I'm not a boyracer, I'm in my thirties and my car is a completely standard 1.1 and that is how is shall stay. I guess the Saxo is the domain of the young and foolish and they have their own forums to discuss modifications and such like. That's a shame as the Saxo is a good and reliable little car and the reputation they have really shouldn't put prospective owners off.

So, are there any other Saxo owners here at all? :?:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the forum :D

We tend to major on the Hydraulic Citroens on this forum but don't dispair, the Saxo knowledge is here. I don't own one but have worked on a 1.1 Saxo pretty extensively recently as my blog will testify :lol:

The Saxo is a great little car, so easy to work on and I do like the little TU engines.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
stevenc75

Post by stevenc75 »

Thanks Jim. Having looked around I can see that some of you really do know your stuff. Maybe I'll be influenced into a "proper" Citroen at some point in the future. :lol:
SimonT
My Cars:

Post by SimonT »

Hiya,
I own a 1998 1.5 diesel Saxo and I love it. Had a Xantia before that and found this forum to be very helpful there and haven't had as much to ask with the Saxo but they're very good on here anyway.
I'm not a boy racer either and am very happy with this little, easy to maintain car.
Nice to have you on board Steven.
Saxo 1.5 XD 1998
(previously owned Xantia 1.9 TD sx 1995)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

stevenc75 wrote:Thanks Jim. Having looked around I can see that some of you really do know your stuff. Maybe I'll be influenced into a "proper" Citroen at some point in the future. :lol:
Welcome to the French Car Forun Steven.

There is nothing quite like an hydraulic Citroen - I deplore the move to fit common or garden steel springs to the new C5s.
On thing I used to love about them was the hisses and clicks from the hydraulic system that isn't there anymore on the C5, hardly ever hear the suspension working.
Tempted to get a CX, luverly cars.