Any BX's and Visas left?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

aerodynamica wrote:It's not a GTi but an 'E' economy model. Not very exciting TBH and Steve's is on a knife edge as to whether it's going to live any more years - has had some serious front wheel arch rust repaired and the previous owner/nutter had painted all the plastic bits like bumpers and mirrors etc in minging paint so we're trying to return some of its looks too. Will send a pic when it's back together.
\

G
Sorry. I'd never heard of the 'E' model tbh, so your mention of it in your original post passed right over me....woooosh!

I'm very sad and sorry to say, that I also painted the wheel arch, side skirt mouldings and bumpers on my AX GT 5 years ago, and now I really wish I hadn't. It's lost its originality now.
Anyone got a full set in original grey knocking around in the loft?
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have just fixed my old J reg BX estate up for my daughter to use now she has made me a grandad, as her travel system wont fit in the purple and lilac mettalic dersh, which we ended up reluctantly selling on fleebay last week,

i also have another BX TD estate in a lockup which i might sell for the right amount of dosh,

and i have in my workshop a customers twin pot visa
regards malcolm
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

My BX DTR Turbo estate is still used most days - the mileage is creeping up and is now at 208,000 and the curious thing is that it probably burns less engine oil than any other car I've had.

It'll probably get another MOT without much trouble and could be good for a few more years yet!
jeremy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the BX 1.9 est i put back on the road for my daghter has over 240k on the clock, still going strong uses very little fuel and never needs the oil topping up, i prefer them to the XANT
regards malcolm
tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by tim leech »

I have 2 bx's

a Mk2 16v and a Mk1 Gt:

1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder
ken newbold
My Cars: Peugeot 806
Citroen C3 1.4 Hdi

Post by ken newbold »

Come on Tim, the pipes are all knackered on the 16v :lol:

I've been in a BX today, taken my Mums Auto for it's annual outing into top gear, it's always a good idea to do this before MOT :lol:

Tim, if you give me another week or so, looks like I could be spending my holiday under your car :o at least I won't use much fuel under there. :P
1998 1.9td Peugeot 806 (Red shed 2)
2004 Citroen C3 1.4HDi
2003 2.2 Pug 807, Gone and never again!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Hey Chaps!

I had 2 visa RD diesels! One a D reg Brown one, I got welded back up and used for a year before selling it on. I got it on 165000 miles, and although a 4 speed, it didn;t matter, that refined the XUD 1.7 was, it did 60mpg, and went off the clock at 100mph! IT WAS FUN!

I sold it on, and bought another red one, it was a C reg RD, but was not as much fun or as good mechanically...

They've both gone now.. but I'd always wanted a GTi back then... The 205 sister was just out of reach, DERV or GTi

Rgds
citroenxm
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

citroenxm wrote:Hey Chaps!

I had 2 visa RD diesels! One a D reg Brown one, I got welded back up and used for a year before selling it on. I got it on 165000 miles, and although a 4 speed, it didn;t matter, that refined the XUD 1.7 was, it did 60mpg, and went off the clock at 100mph! IT WAS FUN!

I sold it on, and bought another red one, it was a C reg RD, but was not as much fun or as good mechanically...

They've both gone now.. but I'd always wanted a GTi back then... The 205 sister was just out of reach, DERV or GTi

Rgds
citroenxm
As stated in an earlier post, i was amazed just how quick the courtesy car Visa was with that XUD 1.7 lump on board. :shock:

Actually saw a Visa on the road today too btw. First in many months.

I believe Citroen have finally stopped making the Visa derived C15 van now.
Corking old crate they were. The one I had was still going strong when I sold it several years ago with 200 thousand on the clock.
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
philipte

Post by philipte »

I had three Visas, a twin cylinder one, then a gold coloured 11RE which sadly spun off the road and was written off. I replaced this with an MG Metro, truly the biggest pile of poo its ever been my misfortune to own. This was changed for a Visa diesel-what a cracking car. Even better when I grafted a turbo onto the engine and opened up the pump a bit.....well quite a lot actually :D
At full chat the overheating light would come on, so the drill was to turn the heater on full blast and open the front windows!!! By then the speedo needle would be off the clock. Did well over 200k with no problems. After that I had a BX turbo diesel, another good vehicle but very prone to breaking windscreens.
I was driving to work (in Oxford) yeaterday morning when I was overtaken by a very tidy BX Turbo in white, bought back some fond memories I have to say.