hydraflush

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

hydraflush

Post by lexi »

This may have been asked before. I have Hydrocourincage in my system.

1200 mls now. I can`t get into my driveway/carport to change it. Have others kept it in longer . Any problems?
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

No problems keeping it in for longer. I've seen BX'es which had it left in since the LHM was replaced with that stuff. It does no harm and is not a solvent to any seals etc. It simply shifts the LHM & dirt inside the system.

Try a google on the web to find any safety certificates on both fluids. I believe they are very similar.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Not really any huge problem Alex although in a discussion on the very same topic on the BX Club forum, it appears it's not really designed for real long-term use. I reckon you'll be well safe for another thousand miles or so.

Somewhere in the back of my memory says it's OK up to about 3,500 miles.

If you are getting concerned, just syphon out the hydraflush in the LHM tank with the suspension on low and refill with LHM. That'll save you doing a brake bleed all round and the residual Hydraflush left, which will be quite small, will be of no consequence at all.

That should only take about 30 minutes and can be done practically anywhere. Ideally though, It's good to refill, do a full and thorough brake bleed and give the filters another clean.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Thanks Guys.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.