Low MPG On Xantia 2.1TD SX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

toldem_oldham
My Cars:

Post by toldem_oldham »

myglaren wrote:That is rather high. The 2.1 is reputedly more economical than the 2.0.
I'm not satisfied with my economy but I recently acheived 633 miles on a tankfull. It wasn't completely dry when I refilled, it had used 63L, within the constraints of filling accuracy.

steve what mpg does your dash display say on stop start driving? my 2.0 hdi 110 bhp estate tells me 36mpg and on a 60 mile motorway run it said 41 mpg,on my 19td xant i got approx 42mpg stop start and approx 50mpg on the 60 mile trip and i got told the hdi was more economical but mine seems not to be
02 c5 2.0 hdi sx estate
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

toldem_oldham wrote:
myglaren wrote:That is rather high. The 2.1 is reputedly more economical than the 2.0.
I'm not satisfied with my economy but I recently acheived 633 miles on a tankfull. It wasn't completely dry when I refilled, it had used 63L, within the constraints of filling accuracy.

steve what mpg does your dash display say on stop start driving? my 2.0 hdi 110 bhp estate tells me 36mpg and on a 60 mile motorway run it said 41 mpg,on my 19td xant i got approx 42mpg stop start and approx 50mpg on the 60 mile trip and i got told the hdi was more economical but mine seems not to be
Dash display packed up the day I bought the car unfortunately.
I note the volume of petrol, price and elapsed miles and feed into a spreadsheet.