Xantia rear parcel shelf

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C.J.
My Cars:

Xantia rear parcel shelf

Post by C.J. »

What a pig to keep located. :x
Every time I try to stretch those ridiculously short elastic cords into the tailgate, the locating bars on the rear quarter housing lugs just pop out again.
Is there a known fix for this, and are their versions with the rear blind included readily available anywhere?

Also, what exactly are the differences between the Forte and the LX, 'cus I can't find any.
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

AS far as I'm aware the parcel shelf with blinds was only available on SX and upwards trim levels,

I've had two models with out blinds and never had any problems hooking them up, are you positive that they are located correctly in the holder.
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

THELABMAN wrote:AS far as I'm aware the parcel shelf with blinds was only available on SX and upwards trim levels,

I've had two models with out blinds and never had any problems hooking them up, are you positive that they are located correctly in the holder.
Dunno. It's dark now, and neighbours walking past are giving me funny looks seeing an ejit messing around with his car at this time of evening. :lol:

I'll give it a closer and more detailed looking at tomorrow, but I think I'm getting it right, and the cords are just simply too short. Stretched that much I fear they are going to snap tbh
If that's the case, I'll raid the wifes knicker draw, and nick some 'lassy to extend them. :lol:
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!