Fitting Electric Leather Seats into a Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I believe the regulator is electronic and there is only one element. I say this as the control "rheostats" are not rheostats at all but switches that switch in different values of very small resistors. The "rheostats" connect to the seats via very light gauge wiring.

The regulator box is buried in the seat. Never cracked one open to see what goes on inside it.

That yours work on the high setting only suggests the regulator is bypassed for high.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
eskerman
My Cars: 2001 Xantia 2L HDI

Re: Fitting Electric Leather Seats into a Xantia

Post by eskerman »

I have a 2001 Xantia with the standard manual seats and I recently managed to secure an Xantia 2000 - HDI but with leather electric seats (its a donor car) .. I may consider swapping out the leather seats--- . just wondering if there is a connection anywhere in the wiring loom for the seats -- or do I have to hard wire a new power supply to the seats..

I want to avoid too much "surgery" and pulling the interior apart -- if at all possible

Thanks in advance

Paul
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

The wiring harnesses are specific for electric seats, so you car won't have a suitable connector.

Some have wired them to the lighter socket, others to the ignition switch or jumper link on the fuse board.
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

The donor car will have the loom and from memory the fuse box is drivers side so a decent Auto Electrician should be able to work something out.
Yes the under bonnet fuse box is passenger side but the feed to the interior fuse box is under the scuttle panel on the drivers side ?

Colin