Citaerobics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Citaerobics

Post by vince »

Is this simply working the suspension from high to low between 5 and 10 times or is it more involved than that?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's exactly it Vince :D

It also exercises the height corrector linkages which otherwise don't see much action on an anti-sink car and helps prevent them from seizing.

Always fun to do it outside your house on a Sunday morning and bemuse passers-by :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
deian

Post by deian »

citrojim wrote:Always fun to do it outside your house on a Sunday morning and bemuse passers-by :lol:
I used to do it on sundays too!

Wait a while when the car goes to the lowest level as when it's down, the reservoir will still fill with fluid (or bubbles if there is any air).

The main idea as jim said is to exercise the linkages (like doing a stretch when warming up to do exercise). But it is also to get air out of the hydraulic system due to leaking (or worse, a burst) sphere, which wouldn't give the best ride.

I also liked bleeding the brakes on a xantia (or xm or bx or gs or ds or cx) just open the valve, tube on, and press the brake pedal. such a doddle!
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Thanks guys....ah so much to learn. makes a change cos when im at work everyone comes to me for advice and knowledge on cars. :P
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

I'm still quite new to Xantia ownership so am still a bit sad when it comes to Citrobics. I like to park outside a shop with a full glass front so I can watch my car go up and down! :oops:
95 Xantia 1.9td SX
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It used to amuse me to do it in car parks while people were getting in or out of an adjacent car - the looks on their faces was pure gold.
This was with the GS in the early 90's.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

I have to admit, I can't resist it when sitting in traffic alongside either a sports car (go low and wave hello) or a 4x4 (go high and say Hi) :lol: The look on their faces makes it worthwhile.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Penguin wrote:I'm still quite new to Xantia ownership so am still a bit sad when it comes to Citrobics. I like to park outside a shop with a full glass front so I can watch my car go up and down! :oops:
That's perfectly normal behaviour, isn't it? ;)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

:lol: thats what i was going to say.....its like having a toy and not playing with it....if i get one tomorrow mine will end up like mr motivator it will be doing that much citaerobics :P
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

I remember walking back to the C5 I had on contract hire back in 2004, and it was performing its Citrobonics all on its own! Never did find out what was up with it, as it wouldn't do it when I took it back to the stealer. :roll:
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!