Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's AX, Pixo, C3, Running and Cycling Tales

Post by CitroJim »

Rp0thejester wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 20:09 I hope Luke doesn't attach his tracker to his wheel hub.....
He's very trustworthy in that respect Ryan :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The NE5532 preamp modules have arrived for the XM radio project :D
20240301_163419.jpg
I'm out all day tomorrow, riding the Cambridgeshire Classic Sportive bike ride but hopefully on Sunday I'll have a bit of time to play...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

No XM radio work and none likely in the immediate future due to other commitments..

Yesterday I spent a lot of time with the family :D We went for brunch at one of our favourite cafes...

Autumn shared my breakfast with me...
IMG-20240303-WA0004.jpg
She even commandeered my big spoon :lol: I had to eat with a little one :lol:

And looked very pleased with herself :D She enjoyed those Cherry Bakewell Overnight Oats as much as I did. They were a bit delicious :D
IMG-20240303-WA0006.jpg
And then later, as it was warm and sunny, I completed a very good session of duathlon training :)
Screenshot_20240304_044127_Connect.jpg
Today I'll be writing the April Citroenian Column...
Jim

MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

Ah, I get "help" eating too Jim! My youngest will quite often sit next to me if I'm eating later and help himself (quite often going for choices he'd turned his nose up at when on his own plate!) :)
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

When I was very young and just about qualified to eat at the table my older sister used to pinch things from my plate. I complained bitterly and regularly to Mum but all she ever said was "Don't be such a tell tale" Unsatisfied with that I complained to Dad when we were out in the garden shed one morning and he said "Next time she does it, stab her arm with your fork!" So the very next day I followed his advice and jabbed her wrist as her fork approached my chips. I got into huge trouble with Mum as Dad was sneaking off to the garden but my sister never did it again!! As a result I've grown up with the principle that food sharing is done before plating and not once served. Anyone who wants more is welcome to have it, but not off my plate!!! :twisted:
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

MattBLancs wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 08:52 Ah, I get "help" eating too Jim! My youngest will quite often sit next to me if I'm eating later and help himself (quite often going for choices he'd turned his nose up at when on his own plate!) :)
I love how you describe it as "help" Matt :D We all just burst into giggles when Autumn does this... I was not her only 'victim'. Her dad's cinnamon roll was also on her radar :lol: And she got some :wink:
mickthemaverick wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 11:08 Anyone who wants more is welcome to have it, but not off my plate!!! :twisted:
I'd better remember that next time we're enjoying a good pub lunch Mick ;) :lol:
Jim

MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

Oh it's all good fun. James (2) often comes hand held out, he has been well trained - so has progressed from
"have it, have it?"
To
"Please have it? PLEASE have it!?"
:rofl2:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

MattBLancs wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 19:30 Oh it's all good fun. James (2) often comes hand held out, he has been well trained - so has progressed from
"have it, have it?"
To
"Please have it? PLEASE have it!?"
:rofl2:
:lol: Magic :cool:
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A finish Line photo from the Gato Head Torch 10K run in Salcey Forest on Thursday evening :D
070324-135_53574191013_o.jpg
Running the Forest in the dark is pure magic :cool:

And we received a glow-in-the-dark medal :D

I spent all day and evening (from 07:30 until 21:00) in the Forest yesterday, volunteering at a big running event prior to the Head Torch event...

I did all sorts of jobs, timekeeping, event HQ build/packdown, pre-event course check, where I found many direction arrows had been tampered with overnight and needed to be made good. Best part of the job was this one:
NAW_1227.jpg
Roving marshal :) I managed to run well over half marathon distance doing that job!

It was a superb day and great to meet up with lots of friends, both old and new :D
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A busy day today...

It started with timekeeping at the very busy MK parkrun - 624 runners :) My timekeeping proficiency is now such that I'm in demand to do the job weeks in advance! Today was my 99th time of timekeeping at a parkrun :)

Then, once home again after a long post-parkrun social in a café, I started off a loaf of bread and left it to prove whilst I did a very good session of duathlon training...

Home again, loaf proved and risen for a second time, I popped it in the oven and then gave the lawn its first mow of 2024...

The loaf came out of the oven looking and smelling rather lovely. I do like making my own bread, fully by hand except for the initial mixing of the dough which I delegate to my trusty old and much-loved Kenwood Chef equipped with a proper dough hook. After about 20 minutes of this I like to finish off the kneading by hand. It's a good upper-body workout ;) I do have a breadmaking machine but it never produces a loaf as one made by hand...

And the best bit of the day was taking Bluebell out for a joyride :-D She really is a joy and smiles in abundance are guaranteed :-D I love her so much!
20240309_164650.jpg
20240309_164706.jpg
20240309_164719.jpg
20240309_164740.jpg
She really is running and driving rather beautifully although I do notice her dash is growing a new crack :( :twisted: I can foresee I may have to carefully remove her dash and do a bit of renovation one of these days. I have a plan...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

I've put a bit of extra stuff about the Haynes Garage in Sherington here Jim
Small bit of Radio trivia from the second article in the link above..
During the same period, the BBC started to transmit regular broadcasting from Daventry. This could be picked up on a crystal set with headphones. A BBC licence costing 10/- had to be obtained for the set, which required an outside, insulated aerial. Our licence cost 15/- to construct the sets at home. Nearly every house in the village had one of these sets.
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Huge thanks to Mick, I now have a laptop dedicated to diagnostics :D

For the cost of an SSD and time spent (not very long) installing a fresh, minimal build of Windows 10 and the Diagbox software, all is very good indeed :D

Tested on Polly today to ensure full functionality...

Her Denox (Adblue) system:
20240311_124318.jpg
And DPF:
20240311_124700.jpg
20240311_124611.jpg
20240311_124458.jpg
As far as I can see, everything looks reasonably good :) All with the engine not running...

I've ordered a non-return valve for Bluebell's fuel line to see if it will help with her liking to drain her float chamber and save me the need of having to prime her fuel system after she's been sitting for a while...

Watch this space ;)
Jim

MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

Interesting to compare Jim,

Yours says:
Jim's C3 Picasso DPF data
Jim's C3 Picasso DPF data
Vs the 308 SW says
Distance remaining before replacing DPF 000000!
Cinder count in the DPF 100%
Distance since lat regen 290km
Average for last ten regens 177km
Distance travelled since DPF replacement 192496 km (equates to current mileage 119 thousand-ish)
Additive pump OCR reference value 104.44% (not sure on this one, but beyond 100% would suggest bad news!)
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

Just a tip, if your "new" laptop has Bluetooth onboard, you could do what I do:
Use Print screen to screen grab,
Paste into Paint
(Or if Windows 10 then just use Snipping Tool and save straight from there)

Then send to phone (assuming phone access to the Forum) via Bluetooth.

Saved using USB sticks etc.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

What I do is use Signal's 'Note to Self' feature. I put pics on there on the phone then download from Signal on the laptop and add to my posts in the usual way. :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!