Citrojim's AX, Saxo, Pixo, Running and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Citrojim's AX, Saxo, Pixo, Running and Cycling Tales

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 04:58
Gibbo2286 wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 11:01
I thought you might like to see another bike. :) this is my daughter's parked up in Maryland.
Wow! That's lovely Eric :D

I've been making the very most of the gorgeous weather these past two days with lots of long runs and cycle rides but unfortunately,
[stotts]all of it offered nothing of interest to this forum :( I'm sure you have now all seen enough photos of churches, blurry classic cars caught on my safety camera, me, my running and Daffodil[/stotts]

so I'm giving it a rest for a while...
Forgive my uncharacteristic bluntness but I have highlighted a section in your post, encased in the North-East dialect word "stotts" . Nicely escapes any forum censorship rules, but put it this way you wouldn't want a kick in them, very painful :-D

As with Gibbo's picture he chose to post up. On the surface a nice picture of coastal Maryland USA and a bike, but of limited "interest" to 99% of FCF members, but , was perfect and touched a personal note of great interest for you Jim.

Point being, interest is in the eye of the beholder. I can confirm that I take great interest in most of the CitroJim portfolio of FCF posts :-D

I have to cling onto this thought for most of the things I post, as the tumbleweed rolls by in the breeze....

Take it easy Jim. :-D Join back in when you are ready. :-D

REgards Neil

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 09:20
the North-East dialect word "stotts" . Nicely escapes any forum censorship rules, but put it this way you wouldn't want a kick in them, very painful :-D
I had to look up what that word meant Neil....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Noted ;) :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Absolutely nothing to report on the car front....

I am about but very busy with little mental energy left when it comes to looking at forums :( I have to ration my mental energy very carefully...

Over the next few days I'll catch up on what's been happening around here... If there's anything I need to know, please advise ;)

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 04:41
Absolutely nothing to report on the car front....
That's good news. The odd jaunt just enjoying the drive out, and stopping off somewhere nice is what cars are made for in my book :-D

Regards Neil

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

Post by mickthemaverick »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 08:56

That's good news. The odd jaunt just enjoying the drive out, and stopping off somewhere nice is what cars are made for in my book :-D

Regards Neil
Couldn't disagree more there Neil, cars are a tool for racing or rallying with the added side effect of being able to take you places. They are for maintaining, reparing, modifying, customizing but mainly, and above all, they are for driving. I live for it!! :-D

NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 09:03
NewcastleFalcon wrote:

Regards Neil
Couldn't disagree more there Neil, cars are a tool for racing or rallying with the added side effect of being able to take you places. They are for maintaining, reparing, modifying, customizing but mainly, and above all, they are for driving. I live for it!! :-D
To paraphrase the great Chas and Dave

"You can keep your racing, rallying, maintaining, repairing, modifying, customizing, I'll just carry on jaunting" :-D

Consult the Pickled Egg juke box for the decoding of the Chas and Dave reference.

Regards Neil

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

Sorry to hijack your thread there Jim, but sometimes we just have to put these Northern Picnicers in their place and promote the competitive pleasure of cars :-D :-D

Peter.N.
Donor 2020

Post by Peter.N. »

Both my C5's have been off the road. The silver one has a broken aux belt which I am waiting for. The red one keeps cutting out going up hills, thought it was a fuel delivery problem so I fitted an inline pump, still did it until I filled the fuel tank right up - seems to be fine now. :oops: :?

Peter

NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 10:28
Sorry to hijack your thread there Jim, but sometimes we just have to put these Northern Picnicers in their place and promote the competitive pleasure of cars :-D :-D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 09:03
NewcastleFalcon wrote:

Regards Neil

I disagree too :) Cars for me are for errands such as shopping, essential journeys and transport to running and cycling events ;) I don't really like driving that much and my fun with cars comes from fixing them and doing the kind of stuff I do with Daffodil :)

What you like doing in your car Neil I like doing on my bike ;) :D

Big day today... I'm taking part in the first proper event of 2021 - a world championship qualifier sprint duathlon at Bedford Autodrome :)

https://activetrainingworld.co.uk/event ... pril-2021/

Bedford Autodrome usually hosts car racing events and so on...

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

I know you will be revelling in the event Jim so make the most of it and good luck! :)

Skull
Donor 2020

Post by Skull »

£45 + 6% booking fee + transport = Not for me at those prices (another excuse really :evil: )

Enjoy yourself Jim ....

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Skull wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 09:48
£45 + 6% booking fee + transport = Not for me at those prices (another excuse really :evil: )
For the fun I have, it was a bargain Skull ;) Besides, I spend very little on anything else! I don't smoke, drink, gamble, chase women or use much petrol :lol: It's my little indulgence :D
mickthemaverick wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 08:08
I know you will be revelling in the event Jim so make the most of it and good luck! :)
I did Mick, one of the best events ever :D Bedford Autodrome is flat, has a delightfully smooth surface and is fast! Only downside is that it's exposed and windy and by gosh, yesterday that wind was cold :twisted:

I ran and cycled faster at the event than I have all year :D
bsdselfie.jpg
bsdpropel.jpg
And a scene from the transition area :)
bsdtransition.jpg

Skull
Donor 2020

Post by Skull »

CitroJim wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 04:58
Skull wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 09:48
For the fun I have, it was a bargain Skull ;) Besides, I spend very little on anything else! I don't smoke, drink, gamble, chase women or use much petrol :lol: It's my little indulgence :D
You're not selling the dream to me Jim :lol:

Glad that you had fun though and I'm sure there was some 'chasing' going on :wink:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Skull wrote:
12 Apr 2021, 10:26
Glad that you had fun though and I'm sure there was some 'chasing' going on :wink:
There was some very, serious racing going on both in the run legs and the bike leg :D And I was right in the thick of it ;)

It was a very competitive race as it was a World Championship qualifier event :) They're taking place in Australia... I'd love to qualify for them - its all done on age groups - but seeing the competition yesterday I know I'm nowhere good enough... It would be a dream if I did qualify though!

To compete I needed one of these... I'm very proud to hold one :D
BTRLedited.jpg
I'm in age group L :twisted: Otherwise know as the old gits group :lol:

I now have a British Triathlon jersey for my Zwift virtual rides :D
zwiftbtjersey.png