Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1052

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by CitroJim » 19 Jan 2019, 17:13

van ordinaire wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 14:46
Now, really sorry to learn reason for your absence BUT,as for making it permanent, while understanding your reasoning, couldn't put it any better, or more forcibly, than Michel's response yesterday. Of course you must stay on board, that this forum wouldn't be the same redefines "understatement".


Thanks Van!

I think I'm getting a very strong message here 8-) :-D

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
Posts: 9620
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 706

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 19 Jan 2019, 17:18

We have dropped enough hints about how you are considered here, Jim, for even a dead elephant to cotton on! :D

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1052

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by CitroJim » 19 Jan 2019, 18:12

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 17:18
We have dropped enough hints about how you are considered here, Jim, for even a dead elephant to cotton on! :D


Got it.... I think :wink:

User avatar
bobins
Donor 2016
Posts: 2609
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 18:07
x 577

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by bobins » 19 Jan 2019, 18:20

I think it's important to understand that some of us don't just come here for the cars...... !

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1052

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by CitroJim » 19 Jan 2019, 18:33

bobins wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 18:20
I think it's important to understand that some of us don't just come here for the cars...... !


Got it! Now, will you all do me a small favour... If you see me disappear for more than a few days will you please give me a nudge? I'll re-enable PMs in a bit so you can ;)

Thanks!

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1052

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by CitroJim » 19 Jan 2019, 18:35

Can someone (not an Admin or a Mod!) send me a PM please, just to check they still work?

User avatar
Michel
Posts: 1635
Joined: 29 May 2017, 13:50
x 280

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by Michel » 19 Jan 2019, 18:47

bobins wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 18:20
I think it's important to understand that some of us don't just come here for the cars...... !


The cars are actually quite boring. It’s the rest of it that’s more fun....

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
Posts: 9620
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 706

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 19 Jan 2019, 18:47

I wonder how many PM's Jim is having to wade through, in response to his 'test' request?

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1052

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by CitroJim » 19 Jan 2019, 18:53

Michel wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 18:47
bobins wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 18:20
I think it's important to understand that some of us don't just come here for the cars...... !


The cars are actually quite boring. It’s the rest of it that’s more fun....


:lol:
Hell Razor5543 wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 18:47
I wonder how many PM's Jim is having to wade through, in response to his 'test' request?
Only one so far and it works! Got an email notification too :D

User avatar
Paul-R
Posts: 3471
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 245

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by Paul-R » 20 Jan 2019, 00:43

CitroJim wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 18:53
Only one so far and it works! Got an email notification too :D
Allow me to send you a second one then!

User avatar
Zelandeth
Donor 2016
Posts: 3295
Joined: 17 Nov 2014, 00:36
x 277

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by Zelandeth » 20 Jan 2019, 04:16

Well it looks like things might be starting to settle down here a bit again, so hopefully I'll be in a better position to give said nudge and occasionally pop my head in the door from time to time again.

Point well noted about allergies to stuff though, I'll be sure to invoke as close to clean room procedures during any future visits as the last thing I'd want to do is make things worse.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1052

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by CitroJim » 20 Jan 2019, 07:16

Paul-R wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 00:43
CitroJim wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 18:53
Only one so far and it works! Got an email notification too :D
Allow me to send you a second one then!


Received and enjoyed Paul 😄
Zelandeth wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 04:16
Well it looks like things might be starting to settle down here a bit again, so hopefully I'll be in a better position to give said nudge and occasionally pop my head in the door from time to time again.
Zel, that'll be excellent :D You know you're always welcome and I'm about most afternoons... Just ping me a txt first to check ;) Morrings I'm almost always out cycling...

Speaking of which, my poor old, high mileage and hard worked Giant TCR finally threw its toys (chain) the other day when its freehub bearing collapsed and seized... Time to book it into our local Indy bike mechanic for some TLC...

He fully overhauled the whole bike and posted some photos of the work on Facebook :D He did a cracking job and the bike now looks and feels brand-new :D
dstcr1.jpg
DS Cycles Facebook
dstcr2.jpg
DS Cycles Facebook
dstcr3.jpg
DS Cycles Facebook
For £175 he did all this work and replaced the freehub, wheel bearings, bottom bracket, cassette, chain, all cables and brakes!

Excellent!

Just returned from an utterly beautiful run on a clear, frosty moonlit morning ❄😄👍 It was so good it was almost sexual!
run200119.jpg
Strava and Own Work

User avatar
Paul-R
Posts: 3471
Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
x 245

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by Paul-R » 20 Jan 2019, 11:19

Careful now!

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
Posts: 9620
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 706

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by Hell Razor5543 » 20 Jan 2019, 15:16

Remember to take the camera with you tomorrow morning, Jim. You should see a Super Blood Red Wolf Moon between around 05:30.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1052

Re: Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Post by CitroJim » 21 Jan 2019, 07:02

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 15:16
Remember to take the camera with you tomorrow morning, Jim. You should see a Super Blood Red Wolf Moon between around 05:30.


I did James but sadly it was too overcast 😥 All I could see during my run was a dull red glow in the sky...

My run was good though... And badly needed after a very stressful day yesterday and a concomitant poor night of sleep...