Citrojim's Pixo, Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's Ka, Saxo and Bike Tales

Post by CitroJim » 25 Oct 2018, 16:52

Gibbo2286 wrote:
25 Oct 2018, 09:41
On that health food subject have you seen the BBC story about the guy taking green tea supplements that killed his liver?

Yes, I did!!! Quite shocking :shock:

I would not take such things... I do take a daily A-Z multivitamin and mineral supplement and Omega-3 oil as these ensure I get all i need - especially Vitamin D which most are deficient in... The advice that all should take a Vitamin D supplement, especially between October ans April is good and wise.. A Vitamin D deficiency can cause all sorts of issues..

Enjoyed a brilliant bike ride today and I moderated my food consumption today... Just a small scone with some cream and a little jam :)
mm2510-3.jpg
Own Work
The roads and the Forest Centre were utterly rammed today... Partly due to the gorgeous sunny day and half-term...

Riding through the Woburn Deer Park we were treated to a herd of deer busy thinking of what deer do at this time of year positively galloping across the fields and road just in front of us - we'd stopped to catch our breath at the top of the park and had a grandstand view :D Had we kept riding we'd have been part of them :lol:

We got the tail-end of them on camera...
mm2510-4.jpg
BCG Member's Picture
mm2510-5.jpg
BCG Member's Picture
They were too quick to catch properly...

Our route:
millbrookmeander.jpg
Own Work/OS Maps App

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Oct 2018, 07:58

A little video of our deer encounter yesterday in the Woburn Deer Park...

Captured by a fellow cyclist with a helmet cam...

https://www.facebook.com/lynn.jago.1/vi ... 909936027/

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger » 26 Oct 2018, 10:58

content not available Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Oct 2018, 15:51

Stickyfinger wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 10:58
content not available Jim

OK, thanks Alasdair :) Not sure how to deal with that... I'll ask the original owner if she can post it on Youtube or something... Beyond my brain...

Surprised as it's in a public group...

Ahh well...

Got a little quiz for you all now... Spot the difference ;)
pixo2.jpg
Own Work
pixo1.jpg
Own Work

Daughter's private plate is now on retention and therefore Pix has reverted to her original number...

The plate was a 21st birthday present so it's special to her... Pix is now all mine...

I'm pleased as I got a few funny looks driving around with that plate :lol:

Skull
donor 2017

Post by Skull » 26 Oct 2018, 17:55

Jim at least your Daughter got to wear her plate with pride :-D

I bought one about 6 years in advance for my Son's 21st ....he's nearly 28 now and has no interest in driving - he's probably saved himself a fortune =D>

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 26 Oct 2018, 18:00

Skull wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 17:55
I bought one about 6 years in advance for my Son's 21st ....he's nearly 28 now and has no interest in driving - he's probably saved himself a fortune =D>

Kids these days just aren't so enthusiastic... And I can confirm it's a massive money saver!!!

Sain, the owner of the plate, now lived and works in London and believes her plate will be on retention for a long time as she has no need to drive, has no intention of owning another car for a while and only occasionally drives Pix when she's home of a weekend...

It saves her a small fortune too - especially insurance...

Cost of insurance is what I think puts may youngsters off and in many cases I'm sure it puts driving totally out of reach to them...

Paul-R

Post by Paul-R » 27 Oct 2018, 10:01

Paul-R wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 11:55
CitroJim wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 05:04
https://www.cafe-ventoux.cc/
If I walk down the garden where I am in France ATM I can see the real Mont Ventoux.

Well I finally walked down the garden and I was surprised by how much the trees and bamboo had grown but there was a spot where I could just see it in the centre.
IMG_20181026_113216968a.jpg
I walked round to the front of the house and a short walk down the road gives a much better view. From here to the top in one hour by car.
IMG_20181026_113345470a.jpg

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 27 Oct 2018, 18:43

Paul-R wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 10:01
I walked round to the front of the house and a short walk down the road gives a much better view. From here to the top in one hour by car.

Wow! Lucky you 8-) What a great view Paul! Having the mountain so close would be an irresistible temptation to me :twisted:

Today dawned frigidly cold here today but that did not stop us taking part in the Wiggle Hawker Hurricane Cycle Sportive today :)

It was below freezing when we set out on the 75 mile 'Epic' route and what an epic ride it was :twisted: The sun shone for a bit and lifted the temperature by a little but then... It clouded over, got colder, the north wind started to blow with some keenness and it started to rain :evil:

But did it dampen our spirits? Not likely :D We had a great ride and arrived back at the start just before the rain became torrential!!!

This was I and my riding partner, Martin, at the second feed station some 50 miles in after being warmed up in the village hall and fed a hot drink! Do we look unhappy? :lol: No, not a bit of it - we knew we only had 25 more miles to go with the wind behind us... Or so we hoped :lol:
hh2018-3.jpg
Own Work!
The wind was a cross-wind for a lot of those 25 miles and gusts occasionally nearly blew us across the road!

It was fun :D

And this was my haul of bling ;)
hh2018-1.jpg
Own Work
Martin provided the transport to Turweston Aerodrome for me today - in his 07 plate Passat estate... I must say a most impressive car... Comfy and spacious... It swallowed both our bikes whole with a lot of room to spare...

And Martin is very much an atypical VW driver - he drives with skill and consideration for other road users :lol:

Michel

Post by Michel » 27 Oct 2018, 21:37

Looks like a fun day!

Passat Estates are great. My neighbour has an 07 plate one. I’ve done a few jobs on it for her and they’ve all been simple - replacing wiper linkage for one!

I’m very impressed with my 57 plate Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi too! Comfy, quick enough and loads of space!

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 27 Oct 2018, 21:41

CitroJim wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 18:43
Martin provided the transport to Turweston Aerodrome for me today - in his 07 plate Passat estate...

I always notice and enjoy an intriguing name and was compelled to look up "Turweston Aerodrome" see if there was something interesting about it.

The word "Aerodrome" in itself conjures up a bit of nostalgia. Turns out it was a bit of a training establishment in its wartime and RAF days. Has one of the few under 17 Driver training facilities now, but possibly only for the well heeled! Nice aerial pic though.

https://www.drivingambitionbrackley.inf ... 17driving/

I was lucky enough to get quite a bit of off-road driving experience in my teenage years and didn't have to pay £59/hour just the occasional visit to the ESSO station to get the odd can of petrol!

Regards Neil

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 Oct 2018, 05:19

Interesting stuff on Turweston Neil :) I noticed a lot of light aircraft there but to be honest, not much else... Too intent on on our riding!

I believe they have a good cafe there too... Not that we saw it or sampled it yesterday... Maybe another visit is in order to correctly appraise the establishment!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 Oct 2018, 06:34

Just been out for an early morning run :) Nothing unusual there - I run nearly every morning between 04:30 and 5:00...

Today I dressed in full winter running gear and then regretted it when I'd run about a K... I was hot... By the end of 5K I was positively roasting :twisted:

Compared to yesterday it's positively tropical out there today :D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 Oct 2018, 17:59

A friend in the cycling community is busy making me a mug....

This is the design :)
bunnymug.jpg
Steve Palmer
Sums me up perfectly :lol:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim » 28 Oct 2018, 18:02

STOP PRESS: I've just been informed the wording on the design has been changed to 'Feed Jim Cake' :lol:

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
donor 2018

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur » 28 Oct 2018, 22:04

CitroJim wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 05:53
I may get worse over time and I'm now under monitoring with an MRI Scan to come soon...

Just in case it does get worse, and I feel it may well do as it certainly has over the last two years, I will continue to live every day to the full, only even more so

I have no intention of wasting even a minute from now on
Good on ya Jim. I'm reminded of Louise Arthur, one-time online Blogger, many years ago, and author of "Shadow in Tiger Country".
Her diagnosis was as serious as it gets but she had an equally positive approach to your own and wrote some seriously uplifting stuff. Do seek it out if you ever find yourself needing a boost; its quite an inspiration, despite the fact that the way her story would end (unlike yours) was never in doubt.