Citrojim's Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Re: Citrojim's Activa, Saxo, 207 and Bike Tales

Unread post by Zelandeth »

Not one I've heard of...will take a note of it for future investigation.

It's mainly to help with my sleep issues, though I do have some anxiety problems as well (even if I've only realised that recently) as well. It does help a bit - but makes me even worse if I get sleep deprived too far, and while helping a bit with anxiety in some ways it makes it worse in some other situations. GP really isn't interested to be honest...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

Happily, I got some quality work done on the Activa this afternoon :) Rather enjoyed myself too!

I thought I'd start with the most difficult side and I'm glad I did. After installing the rebooted driveshaft and hub I found the driveshaft was just a mite too long to allow the hub lower swivel joint to pop back into the wishbone :twisted:

I'd made a schoolboy error :oops:

When I knocked the outer CV joint back on the shaft I didn't knock it far enough onto the very tight splines and hence it ended up too long...

Out it all came again and back in the big vice... I measured it and set about knocking the outer joint on further... I got at least another inch :)

Then it all reassembled sweetly...

This is as far as I got before bad light stopped play :)
Own Work
Own Work
The disc is the beginning of the big brake conversion...

She'll soon be on her wheels now... Weather permitting ;)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

I cracked on a bit, the RH suspension has been rebuilt and replaced on the Activa...

The big calipers have been overhauled and fitted...

Brakes bled and handbrake set up...

Hub nuts torqued up and she's now back on her wheels :D

She's all ready for her MoT and transfer to her new owner...

Delighted with what I've achieved thsse past two afternoons...

I've enjoyed it too :) Can't wait for my new car and the new challenges it'll present to me ;)

The big brake conversion on the RH side...
Own Work
Own Work
Own Work
Own Work
Darkness fell before I finished but here she is on her wheels :)
Own Work
Own Work
Tomorrow I'll be doing a bit more on Sally's wireless and getting ready for a weekend away at the seaside to indulge in a bit of running and cycling...

I will be fully off-line this weekend. I'm going for a true break and will have no social media at all except a mobile phone for emergencies and to arrange a meet-up with friends...

I'm pleased the Activa is now done as I can rest easy and enjoy my break properly :)

Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Unread post by Zelandeth »

Looking good Jim! Hope you have a good weekend away.

Be interesting to see a photo of the old and new brakes next to each other at some point.

With a bit of luck we'll get both of our motors back on the road soon!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Zelandeth wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 23:34
Looking good Jim! Hope you have a good weekend away.

Be interesting to see a photo of the old and new brakes next to each other at some point.

With a bit of luck we'll get both of our motors back on the road soon!

Thanks Zel, looking forward to going away...

I will do a picture of the old against the new brakes later today... There is a significant difference ;)

Must remember to top up the gearbox oil!

bxzx16v

Unread post by bxzx16v »

Sorry it's took lomger than I realised to try and locate a radio in the garage . I'm not sure where the radio is out of my old dispatch but I have got a very nice Pioneer if your interested , it is only a radio and has a usb input etc just no Cd player , I had it in my Fiat doblo for a few month's and is a very nice bit of kit . Let me know if you want it and I'll get postage sorted out , I don't want anything for it .

Mark

Michel

Unread post by Michel »

bxzx16v wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 15:40
Sorry it's took lomger than I realised to try and locate a radio in the garage . I'm not sure where the radio is out of my old dispatch but I have got a very nice Pioneer if your interested , it is only a radio and has a usb input etc just no Cd player , I had it in my Fiat doblo for a few month's and is a very nice bit of kit . Let me know if you want it and I'll get postage sorted out , I don't want anything for it .
I had one of these in my Meriva recently, picked it up s/h for a tenner off ebay, and it was a wonderful bit of kit. It now lives in my brother's 206!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

bxzx16v wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 15:40

Mark

Thanks Mark, that's really appreciated :) I'll send you a PM in a bit with my address and so on... Let me know the costs of postage at least and I'll be delighted to refund it...

I had an excellent weekend away and did nothing on the forum at all and bar a little facebooking from my 'phone no other Internet :) It did me good as i did nothing really but rest, read run, walk and enjoy an excellent meal out with friends in Romsey :)

I drove the 207 down and back this weekend as she's not moved since Sally came to join the fun and I thought it was about time she had a decent run...

Today I parked the 207 up and took Sally out for the weekly shopping expedition.... Oh what joy, sally is so much lovelier to drive and being that little bit smaller, so much easier for me too :D

I also seem to have fixed her erratic half-hot running issue but will say no more until I'm sure... She was fine today but until she's been for for a while I'm not going to declare anything resolved...

bxzx16v

Unread post by bxzx16v »

You shall have music soon Jim [-o< .

Mark

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

bxzx16v wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 16:51
You shall have music soon Jim [-o< .

Mark

Thanks Mark :D That really is appreciated!

bxzx16v

Unread post by bxzx16v »

It should be a straight swap over Jim with the iso connectors .

Mark

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

bxzx16v wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 20:31
It should be a straight swap over Jim with the iso connectors .

That's even better Mark :)

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

Only a month or so of ownership and you have already destroyed the originality !......good lord Jim what next, wide wheels and a bonnet bra ?

Don't know why I bother

:)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Stickyfinger wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 10:18
Only a month or so of ownership and you have already destroyed the originality !......good lord Jim what next, wide wheels and a bonnet bra ?

Don't know why I bother

:)

:rofl2:

I'm still determined to eventually fix the original wireless and the it can always be refitted to preserve originality :wink:

Anyway, I destroyed the originality bit when the rear seats came out to make it a pseudo van...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Sally is still misbehaving when started up from half-hot... She starts fine and runs fine for a short while before missing, spluttering and barely idling... If she's then stopped, switched right off and immediately restarted she's fine for the rest of the journey...

Likewise she's fine if started from stone-cold. She never exhibits the problem at all under such circumstances...

I've cogitated over this and discussed the problem at length with Zel. We're of the opinion it is occurring as the injection system switches over from open-loop to closed-loop mixture regulation. In open-loop the oxygen sensor is disregarded. The problem may be a lazy oxygen sensor or it has a heating element fault... It could also be a funny spot on the coolant temperature sensor...

The reason she's fine from stone-cold is likely because the oxygen sensor has much more time available to get it's act together as the system will be running open-loop for that much longer...

Replacements for both items are now on order...

Apart from that she is running really beautifully :)

Both Zel and I remain very puzzled over the cause of her wireless problem... It will be resolved as I refuse to let a wireless ever defeat me...

Ditto Sally's little running issue...