Citrojim's Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Post by CitroJim »

KP wrote:Avoid 12 and jump straight to 12r2 Jim and if you use exchange 2013 will be fun for you :D
Sounds good Will and I'll pass on Exchange if you don't mind. The only mail exchanger I have to deal with is good old Postfix under 'nix and I'm quite happy for it to stay that way..

I understand 12R2 makes ever more use of PowerShell. Is that correct? If so then that's good. It's getting more 'nix-like :-D

Just found a V6 backbox on the 'bay. There's still six left.

That save me buying yet another complete system when I already have two spare centre sections...

Only problem is I have accidentally asked for it to be delivered to dad's address :twisted:

I often buy stuff for dad on the 'bay and completely forgot to check the delivery address until it was too late. No worries, it'll fit in the boot next time I go to visit him...

KP

Post by KP »

That's the one Jim, exchange only does it's decent setup and confit thru the shell as well :( annoying learning exch specific commands that used to just take a few clicks, but server isn't too bad as you can still do most of that thru rsat tools :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

In my opinion it's a real shame Microsoft didn't make as many PowerShell commands as much like their 'nix analogues as they possibly could. PS drives us 'nix people mad and we still crave grep, awk, head, tail, find and vi to be available under PS :twisted:

One day maybe...

Trouble with me is as soon as I'm in any kind of a shell I automatically go into 'nix mode and that doesn't work at all well in a Windows shell of any sort :roll: :lol:

KP

Post by KP »

With me I go into dos mode and grrr!!!

Is that exhaust a genuine old stock one then Jim?
Surely you could take some exhaust paste and a work jacket with you and do the job whislt there and then it's done and you can enjoy it on the way home ;)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

KP wrote: Is that exhaust a genuine old stock one then Jim?
No, it looks like a pattern one and most likely a Polish one... Not the tell-tale splay on the tailpipes :wink:

It'll do though...

No, I'll bring it home as I like to spend as much time with dad as I can and he won't appreciate me spending some of that time under a car... The time I spend with him, having to do the journey in a day, is sparse enough as it is...

KP

Post by KP »

Ah no worries Jim and no splay is a good sign! I'd buy two if that's the case lol

Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

Jim,

Did you ever get a good replacement set of Bosch spark plugs for your V6 and have time to fit them yet ? If so hows it running ?

Do you still have the same improvement in pep that you saw the first time you changed the plugs ? :)

One of the first jobs I want to get done on mine when it's garaged is new spark plugs and spark plug leads...

Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

CitroJim wrote: Just found a V6 backbox on the 'bay. There's still six left.

That save me buying yet another complete system when I already have two spare centre sections...
You're a star Jim, I've just ordered one :) For £42 including shipping you can't go wrong.

I don't want to change the centre silencer on mine or disturb the joint to the cat, so no point buying the whole polish one for £80 like last time. It does look to be of very similar construction though.

I'm hoping to swap just the rear muffler over as a stop gap measure and maybe get the original muffler repaired - it's blowing at the seam slightly but otherwise might be salvageable so I can get the original OEM (lack of) sound back - seems a shame to bin the original muffler entirely when its OEM...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Mandrake wrote: You're a star Jim, I've just ordered one :) For £42 including shipping you can't go wrong.
Absolutely right Simon.. The temptation to buy two was very strong...
Mandrake wrote: Did you ever get a good replacement set of Bosch spark plugs for your V6 and have time to fit them yet ? If so hows it running ?
I've got them here but I've not had any opportunity to swap them yet Simon. I've either been busy with other things or I've been in no fit state to do it due to injury :(

All I can say is she's still running absolutely beautifully :-D

Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

Excellent. :)

I'm eager to get the spark plugs and leads replaced on mine as there is a minor intermittent misfire at idle that comes and goes and a couple of times since I've had it it has been noticeably down on power and come right immediately when I wiggled the dodgy spark plug leads and their broken plastic guide...

I reckon those spark plug leads are originals and although the mileage is low the rubber has probably perished from age. I just wish I could source a new spark plug lead guide - I don't like the idea of trying to glue the old one - and it's literally been snapped in half but some ham handed clutz... :roll:

KP

Post by KP »

Simon take it off and araldite it together and then use some very small dabs of silicone to stick it down to the manifold and then it allows some flex but also allow easy removal :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The problem with ABS Will is sticking it. Few (if any glues) will..

Richard, in your wanted thread for this, has the answer Simon...

KP

Post by KP »

That's the thing, silicone gets stuck to anything but also allows flex :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

KP wrote:That's the thing, silicone gets stuck to anything but also allows flex :)
I know it sticks to my fingers rather well :rofl2:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I am a happy bunny :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I was able to do all my normal workout this morning for the first time in nearly a week :-D

Namely 3.5Km on the cross trainer in 10 minutes with the resistance set at max, 30 minutes of intense karate training and most importantly of all, 30 minutes of swimming...

Plus the brisk walk to the pool and back.. It was a lovely walk too. The full moon early this morning was spectacular..

May the day continue in similar vein...