Citrojim's Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Mandrake

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by Mandrake »

CitroJim wrote:Simon, thanks, that's a great help to see how you arranged and mounted the realy. Looks neat :-D
Just thought of a simple tweak to my approach Jim - instead of running the relay coil negative straight to ground, you could piggy back it onto the switched positive supply to the starter solenoid.

With the ignition on but not in the start position the the relay coil negative will be "earthed" through the starter solenoid coil - enough current to turn on the relay, but not nearly enough to pull in the starter solenoid. (Hopefully! I'm pretty sure on the V6 the relay coil that runs the cruise control gets its earth return through the starter solenoid coil without harm ?)

However when you turn it to start there will be 12 volts on both sides of the relay coil so the relay will drop out and exactly simulate the original switch contact behaviour (eg on only in ignition and not during start) without actually using the original burnt switch contacts... :)

This would work with a manual fan control system too, unlike the original version of my mod which relies on the Climate ECU not to run the fan during starter engagement.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

Chris, thanks for the kind words about my V6 :-D It's always good to let someone else drive and have a second opinion on things and perhaps discover issues not previously noticed or just grown used to... An example is my very lazy cruise control :)

I'm not sure the gearbox being in 'old git' mode is a fault of the car or of me :lol: :lol: It is where it spends almost all of its time :wink:

Simon, excellent idea indeed, well thought out 8-) There is another relay that earths via the starter motor - the start inhibit relay - and the cruise control does too so it will drop out instantly if the starter is operated...

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Unread post by RichardW »

Citroen like earthing relays through other things - I remember that the dim-dip relay on BXs (and probably others around the same time) used to earth via the main beams. No idea why - perhaps it was to prevent you having main on with dim dip, but then the switch should prevent that. Caused all sorts of mayhem if you tried to relay the dip beams, as they would tend to stay on all the time once the relay was switched once :-D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

That's nearly bizarre Richard!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Beware. Disturbing content follows: :twisted:

I had my hair trimmed today and then got a quick picture of me in my karate uniform...

This really is me :)

Grading tomorrow and I hope the next picture taken will be of me with a different colour belt [-o<

Trainman
Donor 2018

Unread post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote:Beware. Disturbing content follows: :twisted:

I had my hair trimmed today and then got a quick picture of me in my karate uniform...

This really is me :)

Grading tomorrow and I hope the next picture taken will be of me with a different colour belt [-o<

I'm going to put this picture on the door at Halloween.......... if that doesn't frighten the kids nothing will..............just think a picture of some random old geezer in his jimjams..........

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

You'll blow away in the next strong breeze.

Mandrake

Re:

Unread post by Mandrake »

addo wrote:You'll blow away in the next strong breeze.
:lol:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

I'm nearly back to my teenage weight now. Still got a bit to loose though and still (annoyingly) got a bit of a gut that just won't go :evil:

Secretly it's why I'm parting with the XM. I'm too small for it :twisted:

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Unread post by Hell Razor5543 »

My Mum ran the London Marathon several years ago, and she reckoned that she was in a fitter shape than she had been since she left school.

When I was young (less than 10 years old) we (my Mum, my brother Alex and I) did Judo. On one occasion the dojo had a Japanese visitor, who was high black belt (I cannot remember what dan). After he did a demonstration he then told us all to pair up. He then felt a tug on his jacket (sorry, I cannot remember the correct name), and when he looked round there was my brother Alex (who was barely knee high, 4 years younger than I!). The Japanese guy then entertained us all to a truly spectacular demonstration of brilliant falls and so on; whenever Alex touched him he would throw himself over Alex and land safely but loudly on the mats.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 04 Jul 2014, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Hell Razor5543 wrote:My Mum ran the London Marathon several years ago, and she reckoned that she was in a fitter shape than she had been since she left school.
Same here James. I reckon I'm fitter now at just nudging 55 than I ever have been :-D

Getting back to cars, the Activa has thrown another toy this evening. She's now idling at 1500rpm :twisted:

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

Just be an air leak, won't it?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

addo wrote:Just be an air leak, won't it?
Yes, that or a sticky Idle Control Valve. It's happened intermittently before and I've cracked it by running an actuator test from the ELIT.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

I missed your tale of Judo first time round James, sorry :oops: Just enjoyed reading it 8-)

Reminds me of a girl of about 8 we have in our club who can punch like an adult and she really puts some spirit itno it too!
Hell Razor5543 wrote:He then felt a tug on his jacket (sorry, I cannot remember the correct name),
The uniform is called a dogi James and normally it's shortened to gi. I don't know the Japanese for the jacket but it's a tunic in English...

And Steve, they're not jimjams :twisted: :lol: They'd be awful to sleep in :roll:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Successfully graded :)

Now a red belt...

Also won the club trophy for most improved too.