Citrojim's Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

KP

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Unread post by KP »

Good to have you Back Jim!

And good on keeping fit and not pushing yourself too much :)

Trainman
Donor 2018

Unread post by Trainman »

Ditto, the comments above, It's good to know you're up and about and, by the sound of things, feeling considerably better.............. Can't make the X rally :twisted: One of those twists of fate.............

Good to have you back.

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

CitroJim wrote:...I've passed my first grading and I'm now a blue belt. Next grading in July.
I suppose you'll let us know when you get your red wings... :shock:

Mandrake

Unread post by Mandrake »

Glad to hear you've made such a recovery Jim. :)

When you go silent for a long time I do wonder whether your health has either gone down, or its got better to the point where you're too busy to be on the forum. Now we know! :lol:

It is good to see you back in action here though...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

Thanks you Simon, it's very much appreciated..

I have my 6 monthly follow-up appointment next month where we have to report how things are following the intensive course of learning how to manage the condition. I have many good things to tell them :-D
Mandrake wrote: When you go silent for a long time I do wonder whether your health has either gone down, or its got better to the point where you're too busy to be on the forum. Now we know! :lol:
Absolutely, I'm not saying life has calmed down but I'm managing busy a bit better these days
Mandrake wrote:It is good to see you back in action here though...
It is very good to be back! I realised actually how much I missed it. To ensure I do stay I've made some adjustments to my daily schedule to incorporate some forum time... You'll only see me on here and Club-XM on a regular basis as that's all I have time for. I do occasionally visit FarceBook if the forums are quiet and I have a little spare forum time left...

Sounds sad but the fact is my life is like a military operation these days but it works...

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

Good that your health is improved. It is a lot to do with managing things well.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

I woke the XM up from its rest yesterday for a general check-over. The good news is that it's mostly OK. The bad news is that it needs a new oxygen sensor but the really bad news is the exhaust has holed again near the transverse box.

It's been fixed there a few times in the past with welded patches but this time it looks a bit terminal...

I'm not at all sure what to do for the moment as whatever I do is going to be horribly expensive and the piggy bank holding the playing with cars funds is looking distinctly anorexic...

The XM may now rest for much longer than planned as a result although if any 25th anniversary events are being staged I'm sure it can make a guest appearance there..

Chris570

Unread post by Chris570 »

We'll talk later :)

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Unread post by RichardW »

You can still buy one from Citroen - a mere £655 :twisted:

Any idea what bore the pipe is? I've got some 60mm lying in the garage - part of my HDi, and part of Simon's V6 that hasn't found its way to the tip yet - a foot or so could easily find its way into the post!

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Unread post by DHallworth »

Bloody hell that's gone up!

I bought one from Citroen in 2008 and paid just over £450 for it. I remember cursing the fact I had an XM back then!

It's usually on the Y where the pipes join that they start to leak. Might be worth looking into the cost of a stainless one Jim.

David.

Miguel

Unread post by Miguel »

Yes. Stainless is good. A friend of mine get one made for 6 - cylinder car in Berkshire. Quick fit (?) ask for more than £600, but the stainless cost only £385 and look like is made good. I get details and post to Jim later.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

It is on the Y David, just as the single pipe goes into the transverse box..
Miguel wrote:I get details and post to Jim later.
Thank you Miguel, that will be very good. I look forward to hearing from you :-D

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

Bloody UK - always inventing new places for rust to appear. :x

If it makes you feel better, my twin piped PRV has suffered internal haemorrhaging of both final mufflers - they're massively blocked with their own glassfibre...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

addo wrote:Bloody UK - always inventing new places for rust to appear. :x
A slight modification is needed to that statement Adam...

Bloody XM - always inventing new places for rust to appear. :x

That's more like it :twisted:

Mandrake

Unread post by Mandrake »

RichardW wrote: and part of Simon's V6 that hasn't found its way to the tip yet
That remark could be easily misinterpreted! :lol: :twisted: