Citrojim's Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's Xantia and XM Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Swimming Steve although I suppose as I wrote it I might have been referring to tiling it or cleaning it....

Mike, I'm staggered to see they continued the muppet earth practices...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

I had my first session (of ten) of Graded Exercise Therapy (GET) today at Aylesbury and met seven fellow sufferers. We did make quite a motley crew :roll:

The idea is that using exercise (The GET bit) and CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) ME can be controlled to an extent and more can be achieved with greater consistency. It's not a cure, just a strategy to help to live with it and be more consistent with fewer peaks and troughs. It might hopefully mean I can be perhaps more consistent on this forum. I certainly need to be.

The first session was bloody hard work, we all agreed we were all absolutely exhausted at the end of it and all looked forward to a good sleep which is precisely what I did as soon as I got home...

Maybe it's a good sign that after waking up I was straight on here :)

The next nine weeks are going to be interesting and I hold out a lot of hope that they will do a lot of good. Watch this space!

Trainman
Donor 2018

Unread post by Trainman »

That's really good Jim.......

Its good to know you fell positive and there's a support network....... Having had something occur at work last week, I know, first hand what a difference it can make...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Steve, it does, you’re right :-D To not be alone with it is a lot of the battle and that goes for any situation really...

Six lengths this morning :D

One of my fellow early morning swimmers remarked ' You're getting better!'

He's right, I am and I'm absolutely delighted, did me no end of good to hear that and to be able to up my length count...

Happy days!

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

A support network is good Jim. I now have one also, makes a huge difference just knowing it's there and support at the end of the phone 24/7. My physical problems getting worse no it's getting colder, and that affects me mentally too. I should go and take off to Oz, I have a cousin in melbourne where I could be put up, or maybe be put up with for a few months!!!!!!!!!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Having lived in Oz Davie, spending the winter there for me would be a no-brainer if I could...

Trouble is, if I did I'd be very unlikely to ever come back to the UK again...

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

I would, just for the other news I have just posted on my own blog!

KP

Unread post by KP »

But him if you did you could but some more citroens 12months before and then take a few container loads out there with you! That would bet you some lovely money never mind the parts you could fit inside say, an xm estate or two... Dashes as well are still good here but die out there so that would be easy money if you filled one up with them :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

I smell a business opportunity Will :-D

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

And then take rust free panels back when I come home :-D

KP

Unread post by KP »

Mick if you can get the cars you could probably find a dealer that would buy them off you when you got over there :) I know for range rovers your looking at a good 70-90% profit after import stuff on most 4-7yr old models ;)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

took the XM for a run to Somerset to see dad today. I left here in the pouring rain, it stopped just before I reached dad's and it turned into a lovely warm sunny day.

Came home in the dry most of the way. It started raining about 5 miles from home. It's now pouring down again...

The XM made light work of the trip and went magnificently well. So well in fact that I'm reconsidering my earlier decision to lay her up over winter. I think that will now happen to the Activa rather than the XM...

It's been a good day :-D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

As it's my day off today I walked to the pool this morning, did 14 lengths and then walked back home...

Before that I'd already had a good bit up upper body exercise by kneading a batch of wholemeal stoneground bread dough for a good 15 minutes.

Later I'll be walking to town and back for a dental appointment...

It's getting better :D

Xaccers

Unread post by Xaccers »

You'll start missing being behind the XM's wheel :)

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

I love walking; can totally relate to Jim feeling pleased. When I was keen on swimming, I found 30 laps to be a good balance between boredom and exercise - shouldn't be too hard to reach that as a regular distance - plenty of people go far beyond...