Citrojim's Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:Why do you fill with gas on high :?:
Because the LPG filler is in the lower rear bumper skirt and it's close to the ground on normal... The Filler gun is angled downward and there would be barely room for it and its hose iof the rear was not lifted up...
PavlosV6 wrote: There is a school of thought that S1 V6s are a bit more lively than S2s. Possibly a controversial subject but worth throwing open.
myglaren wrote:Is one the PSV and the other the PSA version of the V6?
Both engines and gearboxes are identical Steve, apart from a few minor and insignificant things. I can only think it's down to engine and gearbox ECU software... To drive and S1 and an S2 back to back is quite revealing...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

First picture at my place with Chris570 and his V6 alongside...

Got to be careful putting two XMs next to each other... They start discussing rust :twisted:

Citroening

Unread post by Citroening »

CitroJim wrote:They start discussing rust :twisted:
...and electrical issues...and mechanical issues... :twisted: :wink:

Looks great Jim and sounds like you're enjoying it - looking forward to seeing you and it at the CXM soon...

You're looking happy with your XM Chris! Fantastic cars the S2 XM V6. =D> Fantastic.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Citroening wrote:
Just like if you put two Activas together; they discuss new and novel ways of leaking LHM...

Citroenmad

Unread post by Citroenmad »

Im very pleased the XM has impressed you Jim :-D
CitroJim wrote:
Citroening wrote:
Just like if you put two Activas together; they discuss new and novel ways of leaking LHM...
Id not worry too much Jim, its been in very close proximity to another Xm for a while and they have been thriving 8-)

Is it wise that I have both Xantias parked nose to nose in the garage tonight, they are probably having arguments as to which one will be my new favourite :lol:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Citroenmad wrote:they are probably having arguments as to which one will be my new favourite :lol:
No, they're both S1s so they are wise old cars and will fully understand they are absolutely and utterly complementary to each other. They occupy different niches. Activa for sheer unbridled fun and V6 for long, effortless cruises... They do not need to compete...

Citroenmad

CitroJim wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:they are probably having arguments as to which one will be my new favourite :lol:
No, they're both S1s so they are wise old cars and will fully understand they are absolutely and utterly complementary to each other. They occupy different niches. Activa for sheer unbridled fun and V6 for long, effortless cruises... They do not need to compete...
I am quite intrigued by how very different they are, its hard to believe your in the same model of Citroen when switching between the two. I'll put a few of my thoughts in my blog :lol:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Citroenmad wrote: I am quite intrigued by how very different they are, its hard to believe your in the same model of Citroen when switching between the two. I'll put a few of my thoughts in my blog :lol:
That's right indeed. When I had the V6, the Activa and Rattiva it was like I had three entirely different cars. Not only hard to believe they were three Xantias but hard to believe they were three Citroens even... How a manufacturer can make three models of the same car so utterly different is remarkable...

Northern_Mike

Unread post by Northern_Mike »

Ok, you've got me convinced. I need a Xantia V6 now.

Citroenmad

Rattiva_Mike wrote:Ok, you've got me convinced. I need a Xantia V6 now.
I would start looking now :lol:

Northern_Mike

Well, I need to sell Rattiva first to create space, but I'll only sell her to a forum member. I'd hate to think of her going to some random ebayer who wouldn't look after her, and I hate to think of all of Jim's hard word going to waste!

Citroening

Unread post by Citroening »

I know where there's a W Plate Xantia V6 in Silver with Black leather and nice miles (80-ish K Miles) thats going to be coming up for sale soon... :-**

It might be at the CXM too...

citroenxm

Unread post by citroenxm »

Do you want a project or a mint one??? ive a project with some mot left on it but she needs work...

Northern_Mike

That all depends how much work is needed.. I'm not averse to driving around in tat, but no gearbox, engine or suspension issues - not big ones anyway. I've got a few health issues too, and I'm not sure I can be bothered/be able to spend time fixing too much that *needs* fixing..

I'm almost tempted by an XM too, odd as it sounds. It'd have to be a TCT auto though.

citroenxm

Unread post by citroenxm »

Rear abs sensors need fitting (supplied) rear upper cill areas in the door shuts need some welding.. (metal to shape can be supplied) and a water leak needs addressing too... oh the front bumper needs replacing due to corner damage. ( one supplied) centre exhaust needs attention (located one much nearer to you too.)

a good project really but i really need the cash ..

Oh rear archs have estate type rust on them too...