Citrojim's Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

vince

Re: Citrojim's Xantia Tales

Unread post by vince »

CitroJim wrote:
vince wrote: Seriously though...get better Jim :wink:
Thanks Vince :-D Looks like they've nailed down the problem :roll: :twisted:

Nothing too serious but potentially requiring some 'lifestyle adjustments' to mitigate :roll:

I'm awaiting the results of a human sort of Lexia diagnostic test after a visit to the vampires :wink:
No problem Jim, the way my stress and work levels are at the moment i think i will soon be requiring some 'lifestyle adjustments' myself....

If only life could be like Richard's running flash cars around european dream locations for a buck......a million miles away from where i am at the moment :lol:

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

vince wrote:...If only life could be like Richard's running flash cars around european dream locations for a buck......a million miles away from where i am at the moment :lol:
Nah, it's all a fabrication. DG is just a fifteen year old boy living in a council flat with his Mum, telling humungous fibs on the internet.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

Finally my Activa has new tyres :-D

I'm sure those of you who know about tyres won't approve but she's now wearing a set of Michelin Energies.

They came in at a really good price from Costco who fitted them in their operating theatre-like fitting bay. Top job they did too. Not a mark on the rims, balanced a treat with no visible weights and pumped up to exactly the right pressure using nitrogen :)

Costco in Milton Keynes are highly recommended for new rubber. They only sell Michelin and BF Goodridge but at very good prices. I was lucky to score a 20% off special offer...

I'm now really enjoying the car again, safe in the knowledge the tyres are OK. She drives a treat and the tyres seem very good.

Been out for a very enjoyable thrash around the back roads this evening 8-)

She's in great danger of becoming a summer daily driver now...

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Re:

Unread post by DickieG »

addo wrote:
vince wrote:...If only life could be like Richard's running flash cars around european dream locations for a buck......a million miles away from where i am at the moment :lol:
Nah, it's all a fabrication. DG is just a fifteen year old boy living in a council flat with his Mum, telling humungous fibs on the internet.
Oh no I've been found out :oops:

It's a tough life :-D

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

So, who's that new man in your life? :shock:

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

CitroJim wrote: The Harrison compressor in the picture is the ultra-rare one fitted to some 1.9TDs with big hex unions for the pipe connections rather than the more normal plate flange...

Xac has been trying to source a spare now for longer than we've had a Tory Government...
I saw one of those in a breakers today, on a P reg 1.9D

Citroenmad

Unread post by Citroenmad »

The later Michelin Energy Savers are good Jim, I have fitted them on a few of our cars now and im impressed. The XM TD and eldest C5 wear then, they are good and suit those cars well as they do seem to give a better ride than their previous tyres. I did have the older style Energy E3As on the Activa, though they really were poor in the wet, probably age more than anything though.

It must really be a struggle getting up in the morning Richard, knowing you have such a chore of a job to face when you do :lol: Here we are in wet, damp and miserable England driving our ancient Citroens to work and back and your on a speed boat in a very glamorous location. No doubt with a RR Ghost awaiting your return 8-)

DickieG

Unread post by DickieG »

Citroenmad wrote:It must really be a struggle getting up in the morning Richard, knowing you have such a chore of a job to face when you do :lol: Here we are in wet, damp and miserable England driving our ancient Citroëns to work and back and your on a speed boat in a very glamorous location. No doubt with a RR Ghost awaiting your return 8-)
Well yes and here it is :-D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

Gosh Richard, talk about living the dream :-D =D> What does Dawn think about your new lifestyle? Hope she's out there with you keeping you in order!!! :lol: :lol:

Roller looks a bit tasty 8-)

Chris, pleased I didn't make a terrible faux-pas by fitting the Energy Savers to the Activa!

Northern_Mike

Re: Re:

Unread post by Northern_Mike »

DickieG wrote:
addo wrote:
Oh no I've been found out :oops:

It's a tough life :-D

Git.

Deanxm

Unread post by Deanxm »

Exellent Richard 8-)

D

Deanxm

Unread post by Deanxm »

didnt notice the tyres Jim they got lost in the other posts, a lot wont agree with energy savers on an activa your right, but to be honest you get used to the tyres your on so it doesnt matter at all and energy's ar nice tyres, at a good price it would seem.

D

Citroenmad

Unread post by Citroenmad »

Ive often gone with Michelins and when I have tried other brands Ive often wished I had gone with Michelins. They give a good ride which complements the Citroens, they are usually quiet, grip well in all conditions and last a good while too.

The front tyres on my Activa need replacing soon, after about 5 drives they are really starting to thin out on the edges. No idea what to get, ideally Pirelli P7s to match the rears but they are no longer available.

I don't find Michelins develop cracks quite as early as some other brands. Saying that, my dad has owned the Traction for about 31 years, he has never bought a tyre for it, still on quite possibly its original Michelin tyres! Its a bit of a worrying thought so 4 brand new Michelin Xs and inner tubes are awaiting fitting. You gets what you pays for!

DickieG

Unread post by DickieG »

superloopy wrote:Can i have your autograph Richard .... looks like your destined for stardom with those shades on :-D

Now tell me that living the lifestyle of the 'affluenti' wont change you ... you'll always be the same Richard we're used to on the forum ... go on, tell me, bet you can't :wink:
I have had to think quite hard as to whether I can justify spending any of my time communicating with 'commoners' :lol:

vince

Unread post by vince »

Lol, i like that one :lol:

That looks like Monaco harbour?......

Im green with envy :mrgreen: