xantia door mirrors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

xantia door mirrors

Post by admiral51 »

i have got electric/heated mirrors on my xantia it has the colour coded backing and the drivers side does not heat up.the passenger side glass is tinted whilst the drivers side is clear.i am assuming that both should be the tinted variety and at some time the glass has been replaced.

Before i go running off to the scrappy is it possible to replace the glass with the element attatched from a xantia that has not got the colour coded backs from any MK 1 or 2.not sure whether wiring is damaged in door but assume not as mirror is still electrically adjustable

Colin
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

I had to purchase a replacement electric n/s mirror for my Sensation from GSF about 18 months ago, it had tinted glass and was heated, are you sure the o/s one although electric has heater element built into it.

I'm just thinking with the clear glass that it could be an older mirror..just my first xantia was an SX (1995) with two electric mirrors but meither had heating elements and both had clear glass.
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Yes, is the short answer to that. It'll have to be a scrappy job though, Citroen wanted over £40, a week and the car's most intimate details to supply one.

I could try and explain how the glass comes out but I can't remember exactly and it's one of those things that's much easier to do than to explain. It involves a clip that's accessed through the bottom edge of the glass. Refitting involves locating the clip and pushing until it clicks into place. Don't forget to plug the heater wires in.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
bigjl2
My Cars:

Post by bigjl2 »

I bought a complete mirror from gsf, for my old mk2, I am sure it was less than £40 they had it in stock, it had the gree glass, and was of OE quality, even had the new cover in primer ready to fit.
Xantia 2.0SX estate (now sold)
Xantia 1.9 TD SX hatch 102K (all old MOT'S) and working A/C.(Sold to forum member, time to save for a C5)
2007 Berlingo Multispace 1.4i Forte, bought in November with genuine 27k miles, now on 39799 miles.