Getting the gearbox back on: Heeeellllpppp!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregg1100
My Cars:

Getting the gearbox back on: Heeeellllpppp!!!!

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi Jim,
Now you know and understand why I was so scathing about the parentage of the clowns that designed (????) a pull type clutch, and the idiots at citroen who decided to use it on their cars.
I found as well that the box was relatively easy to get down, but I managed to get the services of a man mountain, :D , to help me get it back in. Even he was wilting at the end. A crane or a Geoff Capes lookalike is needed to put box back in. Hope you didn't hurt your back.
Surely it wouldn't be impossible to change the clutch to a push type?.If the 1.9 Bx and HDI have them, wouldn't it be possible to change the release bearing fork for a push type and equivalent clutch assy????
It was a bit of a fiddle, but got box in and out without moving LHM res. or the ABS block.
At least it is back in, now.
Regards,
Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I know what you mean Greg :twisted: :twisted: What fun :lol: :lol:

But, I just cannot believe how light a new clutch is :shock: :D I thought at first there was something wrong, but no, it's good but oh, so light :D It feels like a hydraulic clutch :lol:

Maybe this is why they went for what seems such a bizarre clutch release arrangement :?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

only need one person if you have an engine /gear box support beem like mine HE HE HE
regards malcolm
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

citrojim wrote:I just cannot believe how light a new clutch is :shock: :D
Prehaps now you'll agree my clutch appears heavy? :lol: