Veg oil heads up .....37p per litre

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Tony why dont you just start making Biodiesel instead??
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Toby_HDi wrote:
Question is then: prices permitting (will wait and watch) is it worth selling my X reg Xantia HDi to buy a XM (or other car that is capable) to run on Veg Oil?
No, hold out a while longer and see what the price of veg does. I would still be tempted to keep the HDi, unless you wanna swop with my R plate :wink:

If its a good car and reliable, look at other ways to get better mpg out of it, i'm sure they are fine on biodiesel too. Good cars are hard to find, i've not seen another R plate car like mine in such good condition both inside and out, and so far been reliable, it would be hard to part with if i was only going to save £50 a month by running veg (in your case, i dont know how many miles you do)

There are many people on here that run 100% veg, but i have long term concerns about its affects just not on the engine internally but also what it does to the fuel pump, leaking seals on Bosch pumps are not unheard of because mine had started to do it until back on diesel!

I am playing it safe with 50/50, still saving money and hopefully lessens the effect that pure veg would have. It's a risky business and in your own hands, be careful with your choice as you may regret it!
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I didn't realise you wanted cruise - sorry! It's the only toy missing from a HDi Exclusive which seemed to me to be a serious omission. XMs are nice and feel very different to drive than a Xantia. My Xantia seemed like any other modern car to drive but XMs feel like a large BX, which I suppose is exactly what they are. Think long and hard about the 2.5TD the cost of problems is very high and the sheer size means that sometimes you can't get parked!

Steve.
not applicable
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

KP wrote:MikeT its been asked before about Pura and KTC but they have raised their prices too so theyu are making a loss on them.
I noticed 10 bottles of Pura in Tesco's today but was irritated to see a markup of some 20%+ on the shelf price :( Luckily the tills hadn't been updated so they still cost me 56p :lol: . Out of curiousity I drove to the next Tesco supermarket and grabbed their last 12 bottles on the shelf - still 56p.