Cruise control for my Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mads
My Cars:

Re: Cruise control for my Xantia

Post by Mads »

I certainly think it is worth a go, sure you can make it work better than mine did.

I can not really help you with the installation; my Xantia was a petrol engine and yours is a HDI so it is very different. I installed an AP 800? on the C3, but the C3 is with electronic gas pedal, so installation is really only to click on the plug. Very easy and it still works very nice and stable :-)

Guess someone here must have done it on a HDI and be able to give you a few tips and tricks.

Good luck / Mads
Mads

C3 1.4HDi, 2003, 85000km
Xantia 2.0 16v Estate, 1997, 195000km
aneesh84
My Cars:

Post by aneesh84 »

I won this AP50 kit on ebay. So I was planning to order this one and try it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cruse-Control-K ... MR:US:1123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone having any ideas on how I could install it on a Xantia HDI, please let me know.
Xantia Estate 1999 2.0 HDI 110
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh
aneesh84
My Cars:

Post by aneesh84 »

Mads wrote:I certainly think it is worth a go, sure you can make it work better than mine did.

I can not really help you with the installation; my Xantia was a petrol engine and yours is a HDI so it is very different. I installed an AP 800? on the C3, but the C3 is with electronic gas pedal, so installation is really only to click on the plug. Very easy and it still works very nice and stable :-)

Guess someone here must have done it on a HDI and be able to give you a few tips and tricks.

Good luck / Mads
I found a manual for installing AP800 on a hdi xantia

http://nicolas.bct.free.fr/Regulateur/C ... ur_HDi.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems much simpler than a mechanical vaccume valve cruise control. Where did you buy it from? can i buy it online?

Also where did you take the speed signal from?
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Must be talking about the MK1 Xantia diesel which has no vacuum pump as the MK2's certainly have a vacuum pump which activates two actuators to set the cold idle speed driven by the camshaft.
I'd be a little wary of it being an MOT failure to retro fit cruse control to a vehicle that was never built with it in the first place in the UK, it was illegal for use on British roads until fairly recently.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
aneesh84
My Cars:

Post by aneesh84 »

I am not in the UK so its not an issue! :-)
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I don't believe it was an issue. Cruise control has never been illegal in the UK. As far as I'm aware, neither has retrofitting it. It's retrofitted to loads of cars that never came with it as standard, including my Berlingo!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

aneesh84 wrote:I am not in the UK so its not an issue! :-)
Yep I noticed that after I posted it #-o #-o #-o

Happy New year.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:Must be talking about the MK1 Xantia diesel which has no vacuum pump
Yes it does.
aneesh84
My Cars:

Post by aneesh84 »

The manual I posted is not about MK1 Xantia Diesel. It is about MK2 hdi diesel. Because MK2 hdi has a potentiometer that converts mechanical throttle to electrical signals that feed to the Engine ECU. Hence for the HDI xantia, it should be possible to connect both mechanical vaccume operated (like AP50, AP60)as well as electrical cruise control(like AP800, AP900).

The manual shows the wiring connections from the potentiometer to the AP800.
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh
falling-out-with-my-car

Northern_Mike wrote:
falling-out-with-my-car wrote:Must be talking about the MK1 Xantia diesel which has no vacuum pump
Yes it does.
well I'd like you to come see our MK1 1996 VSX without a Vacuum pump mounted on the end of the camshaft and show us where the pump is then. :?
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Mk1's had it in conjunction with the semi-electronic pump in order to provide a vacuum for the EGR valve. The fast idle was then also controlled via vacuum.
That engine I sold you Nigel was from a Mk1 and it had a vacuum pump on the end.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car

yes Xac so only some have them not all of them then, we are still minus a vacuum pump on the VSX then which doesn't have EGR either it doesn't have a semi-electronic pump. my engine is so quiet now thanks.
ausy
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: XM Y4 T.C.T. VSX Exclusive
Xantia X2 2.0 16v Exclusive

Post by ausy »

Hi citros,

it would be awesome if someone can supply the installation instructions

for the original Xantia Cruise Control Kit OEM: 9452.43 which is pretty similar to the Waeco MS-700.

Plase, have a look at pictures:

https://ausy.biz/tempomat/box.jpg

https://ausy.biz/tempomat/content.jpg

I looked in the German Citroen forum and asked a few Citroen dealers in Germany, but no success.

I hope that this set has been produced more than once and that someone has incorporated it into Xantia.

Thanks in advance.

cheers
when it comes to fighting the excesses of
capitalism, nothing beats reverse-engineering.