Wading depth of a Xantia TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

admiral51 wrote:result is one engine siezed front and back footwells just that wells :) :) and electrics doing all sorts of funny things first time in 3 months alarm worked....and last :lol: :lol:
colin
:cry: :cry: Sorry to hear that Colin, 'course no intercooler to catch a lot of the water and straight in. Don't abandon hope just yet, have the injectors out and get the water out and you just may be surprised; you may just be hydrolocked. In fact you could get all the water out through the glowplug holes. Take 'em out and spin it over and see what happens...

Many years ago as a youth I had a Ford Cortina, as you do, an old MK2 GT. It was a bit rusty and I did not realise how bad the front wheelarches were until I hit floods at quite a fair lick. The front footwells were deluged and ended up a good three inches deep in water. Worst thing, I had a new girlfriend in the passenger seat and she was not impressed and getting soaked. For some reason that relationship never blossomed :?

I had to wade through deep water this morning to get to work. Suspension up on high and through I went. Whilst waiting for the suspension to rise, a Luton Repmobile went shooting past me at a silly speed and ploughed through making the most incredible bow-wave I've ever seen :lol: The driver was a muppet of the highest order to plough into the water at quite a speed and perhaps more by luck than judgement, the car kept going...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

www.kingpleb.talktalk.net/Xantia/Airbox_mod.JPG

Thats my short life mod to the airbox to keep things above most water for the minute.

And below here is another one of my off roading adventures :)

http://www.kingpleb.talktalk.net/Xantia/Slanted.JPG

The xantia thus far has managed upto 14" of water on max ride hieght this way without issue :)
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Let it rain - now you are prepared 8)

Though it would be perfect with some kind of a baffle over your home made air intake.

Careful with those hilly attitudes on your car. It is quite possible for the oil pump pick up strainer to suddenly sit dry in the oilpan - when you are hill billy'ing around with the car :roll:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Well the hilly places like that aren't too often mind :D

The water ready airfilter housing is good but still needs work. really i do need a spare scrapped bonnet i can use for such occassions or to make up ready for a scoop kit when money allows :)

But with the Aircon, Intercool, and Water Rad in front of it hardly any water has touched it so far now upto 16" deep at about 8mph :) that seems about the right speed for a bow wave from what i can read on the speedo in flighting glances :D